Aloha! Long time pond owner first time tank owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SleepyKiks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Aloha! My name is Kiks and about 5 months ago I got my first tank. I had pond fish for about 10 years before finding we didn't have time for the pond keeping as I was starting to go to university and my mom was jumping from job to job.

So my tank has been a nightmare so far and I feel horrible. My fiance is treating me like I have been irresponsible with the fish but I have not.

I started with 3 gold fish, and with in the first couple days one dies. Fair enough it was the first week of my tank and it happens. So I went back to the pet shop and got another fish, yeah they said it was a catfish, it was in the cat fish tank and it LOOKED like a catfish. Oh what a fool I was. He quickly grew and changed colour. He became territorial and killed one of my fish. Yeah, he is a chinese algae eater. FML! So now I am down to two fish and had to move my gold fish to a separate space to keep him safe after a really nasty scuffle it looks like. I thought fish were supposed to be relaxing!

When I am not dealing with my fish I am a pro artist who does comics and children's books. I also work in tech support for TVs to help make rent. I hope to learn more about the world of tank fish and hopefully have a healthy tank.

img_2702772_0_608da857cb34057c0a7801e2435874bb.jpg

not the best photo but this was my tank before I got the plants in and before Finneas changed colours and killed off Darlin'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom