Also New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

epm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
It would seem saying I'm new is a bit cliche however we have just set up a tank and have made some rooky mistakes already. :( We are in the learning phase and hoping to increase our knowledge base through this forum. We have a 75 gallon salt water tank just set up this week. We are in the nitrogen cycling phase and hoping we haven't messed up too badly. I believe we over salinated the tank and are hoping we haven't destroyed the live sand. We have not yet added anything else and are going to start very slow. Looking forward to reading some of the threads and learning lots.

Are you doing Reef Tank or FOWLR? I would look at our Fishless Cycle article. your Salinity should be between 1.021-1.025 If you over shoot your still ok you can adjust it until you reach proper salinity. My Rudeness Welcome 2 AA (y) :)

Thanks all for the welcome aboard.

:)I am setting up a reef tank. I think I now have the salinty adjusted. We are now added the live rock in hopes of starting the nitrogen cycle. We have had a couple of suggestions from going slow to put all of the rock in at once as each rock adds to the ammonia. Thoughts

Back
Top Bottom