Always wanted an aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fredholstien

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I wanted an aquarium since I was eight years old and started checking out aquarium and fish books at the local library. I read dozens of books about aquarium and fish care and then, not having an aquarium for fifteen years after that, forgot it all.
Then my brother gave me his 120g and all its paraphernalia for swapping two clutches and a transmission. I set it up and had a decent freshwater tank going with my share of problems and learning curves.
I lost two very large and healthy clown loaches and a dozen danios to ich, an angelfish whos lips had a growth or swelling that got so bad it couldn't eat, (Pet store owner said it was cancer?) and swordtails that dissappeared never to be seen or heard from again.
Now a friend gave me a saltwater aquarium and I came here because I have no idea how to take care of it. I don't know what the equipment is and how to clean it. I don't know how to salt it or what to feed the clownfish or anemone.

Welcome to AA! I would post about the salwater tank in the saltwater section. You'll get a lot more replies there. Hope you like the site so far!

Back
Top Bottom