Am new here and would love any help you could give me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EelFreak

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 2 African brown knife fish 1 African spotted leaf fish 1 peacock eel and 1 dinosaur bichir.. Any tips on how to care for them or things to watch out for let me know Id love to have the advice :)

Welcome to our forum! Unfortunately, I cannot help you out with your fish as I am not familiar with them. :)

Welcome to AA! :fish2:
Ok, they should be ok as long as you have the right size tank, what size is your tank?

I have 2 African brown knife fish 1 African spotted leaf fish 1 peacock eel and 1 dinosaur bichir.. Any tips on how to care for them or things to watch out for let me know Id love to have the advice :)

I have had and still have all those fish but the leaf fish. Anything specifically you'd like to know? And yes, what size tank do you have? Please don't say a 10 gallon or something.. :p

I have a 46 gallon and I might be getting one close to 100 gallon but not anytime soon. I mainly just want to know what the dos and donts are for these fish

ABK can be trained to take pellets but will usually only eat at night. They are very smart and can be hand fed. Peacocks should have a sand substrate since they like to burrow and only eat live/frozen food. Senegal bichirs eat anything really..they easily can accept pelleted food. All of these fish get to around 8"..the bichir might get about 2" or so more. All should get along okay.

ABK can be trained to take pellets but will usually only eat at night. They are very smart and can be hand fed. Peacocks should have a sand substrate since they like to burrow and only eat live/frozen food. Senegal bichirs eat anything really..they easily can accept pelleted food. All of these fish get to around 8"..the bichir might get about 2" or so more. All should get along okay.

My ABKs eat anytime I give them food and Ive only seen the peacock eat once and that was the first time I fed them after buying them... Pet smart workers told me to get gravel and I had sand bags in my cart so I traded them out but the peacock eel never burrows and he's a very active swimmer.. Is that good? And what kind of pellets should I feed them? Feeding them blood worms daily I feel will be pricey

My ABKs eat anytime I give them food and Ive only seen the peacock eat once and that was the first time I fed them after buying them... Pet smart workers told me to get gravel and I had sand bags in my cart so I traded them out but the peacock eel never burrows and he's a very active swimmer.. Is that good? And what kind of pellets should I feed them? Feeding them blood worms daily I feel will be pricey

If he doesn't burrow you should be fine. Even still..you should be fine. I feed my bichir and knifes shrimp pellets. How big are they? Small I take it since you just got them..

Okay thanks for the help :) also I thought about live food in the future what would be recommended?

Back
Top Bottom