Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-23-2017, 12:45 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Anchor worm? gold fish with bump on head

Please help me. I've had this goldfish for 7 years. It's never had this problem before and I'm not sure what's wrong. The nearby pet store doesn't have a fish expert so I'm hoping someone here can help. I suspect the goldfish has anchor worn but not sure. It is in a 55 gallon tank. We had 2 other fish that died a few years ago. It's been a long time since this fish grew a black spot on the forehead and we hadn't seen anything different until now. The fish is trying to attach to the filter. It is spending a lot of time on the bottom of the tank and not moving as much as it did. It seems ill for the past week. We changed the water and it did better but this morning for the first time we saw a white spot on the black spot. We also noticed it looked like it had grown a bump on the original black spot. It seems like there is some foreign object inside the black spot that makes it appear like a white spot. These pictures are the best I can do. Please help me. The only thing the pet store did say was that if it was an anchor worm to give it a treatment for 10 days. They told me not to attempt to remove the anchor worm because it's chances of dying are higher. Is this true? I would appreciate any guidance or help. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6042.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	304511   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6045.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	304512  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6046.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	304513   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6047.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	304514  

Old 10-23-2017, 06:07 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

usually you can actually see the worm attached to the fish.You can see pics if you search it.
I would guess the fish has a tumor/cyst or possibly lymphocystis..
Good luck.
coralbandit is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
black spots appearing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com