Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-18-2015, 03:55 PM   #1

Another 1st aquarium here in Florida - Hello

Hello, Wanting to get my 1st aquarium and have a TV wall unit I'm wanting to use for an aquarium, need current space for a large TV now that prices have come down, and from the looks of it from what I've read, I have a lot to learn. The space is 37.5"w X 30"h X 20"d. Guess I'm off to start reading.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi and welcome to the forum. Yes loads to learn,but main advice is simple be patient! Good luck

Old 05-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #3

Thanks, I'm going to try to post a pic of where the aquarium will go. Looks like a wide 30gal would fit, and have about 15" clearance above the top. Any tips and/or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WallUnit-1-1.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	272472  
Old 05-18-2015, 04:30 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi hopefully some one will be able to help you out with what is available in Florida. I am sure there are plenty of aquariums that will look amazing in there! My main advice is keep asking the questions and be patient.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:12 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Welcome. You would have to remove the shelf that the tv is on in the picture and have the aquarium sit directly on the cabinet. Even then, I would reinforce the wood that the aquarium will sit on. It is not meant for the hundreds of pounds that the aquarium will weigh once full. Also consider the space you will need for lights and equipment and to make it accessible.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 05-18-2015, 06:55 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar23 View Post
Welcome. You would have to remove the shelf that the tv is on in the picture and have the aquarium sit directly on the cabinet. Even then, I would reinforce the wood that the aquarium will sit on. It is not meant for the hundreds of pounds that the aquarium will weigh once full. Also consider the space you will need for lights and equipment and to make it accessible.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
+1.

Water weighs something like 8.32#/gallon
So you're looking at 250.2# for a 30 gallon tank, you don't want that shelf thingy to break, ever seen 30 gallons of water hit a living room floor at once?

Tags
aquarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com