Another 1st aquarium here in Florida - Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Killowatt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, Wanting to get my 1st aquarium and have a TV wall unit I'm wanting to use for an aquarium, need current space for a large TV now that prices have come down, and from the looks of it from what I've read, I have a lot to learn. The space is 37.5"w X 30"h X 20"d. Guess I'm off to start reading.

Thanks, I'm going to try to post a pic of where the aquarium will go. Looks like a wide 30gal would fit, and have about 15" clearance above the top. Any tips and/or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• WallUnit-1-1.JPG
    WallUnit-1-1.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 236
Hi hopefully some one will be able to help you out with what is available in Florida. I am sure there are plenty of aquariums that will look amazing in there! My main advice is keep asking the questions and be patient.

Welcome. You would have to remove the shelf that the tv is on in the picture and have the aquarium sit directly on the cabinet. Even then, I would reinforce the wood that the aquarium will sit on. It is not meant for the hundreds of pounds that the aquarium will weigh once full. Also consider the space you will need for lights and equipment and to make it accessible.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Welcome. You would have to remove the shelf that the tv is on in the picture and have the aquarium sit directly on the cabinet. Even then, I would reinforce the wood that the aquarium will sit on. It is not meant for the hundreds of pounds that the aquarium will weigh once full. Also consider the space you will need for lights and equipment and to make it accessible.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

+1.

Water weighs something like 8.32#/gallon
So you're looking at 250.2# for a 30 gallon tank, you don't want that shelf thingy to break, ever seen 30 gallons of water hit a living room floor at once? :D

Back
Top Bottom