Another addict on the site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2manytanks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm seriously addicted to the hobby and was glad to find this site. It seems to be the best forum going.

Anyways, I live in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada and my collection so far consists of :

5g slightly brackish water: 1 Green Spotted Puffer

29g : 2 baby parrot cichlids, 1 albino bristlenose pleco, 4 diamond tetras, 4 head & tail lite tetra

44g tall : 2 tangerine dream discus, 2 cobalt blue discus, 3 clown loaches, 2 dojo loaches, 3 silver dollars, 1 common pleco, 3 columian blue & red tetras

50g : 1 red oscar, 1 tiger oscar, 1 rubberlip pleco

55g : 1 tiger oscar, 1 albino tiger oscar, 6 giant danios, 1 sailfin pleco, 5 clown loaches

120g : 1 fullgrown parrot cichlid & 3 young ones, 1 green terror, 2 jack dempseys, 1 common pleco, 1 needlefish, 1 turqouise severum & 2 angels

I guess my list still isn't complete. Most of the tank have young ones which will outgrow their homes. So in the nest year or so I expect I will have another 120 or another couple of 55's. And then I just have to call it quits.

But I just can't help myself, I only started about a year ago and I was so surprised to discover that fish are so different from what I had always thought. I really get a kick out of their personalities, and am just amazed at how much they enjoy attention, especially the larger cichlids. They all love to be talked to, most of the larger ones will let me pet them, and two of my oscars come to be petted. Oh, and of course, all of my fish have names.

Our house is a zoo - we also have 11 parrots (mostly African greys and Macaws), 3 dogs, 4 cats, a rabbit (who lives on the loose in our dining room and does her business in the tray on the bottom of one of the bird cages) and 3 degus.

And no, our house doesn't look like one of those houses you see on the news where some demented old woman has adopted 114 cats. We have to spend about 4-6 hours a day feeding, watering and cleaning up after everyone, but it's worth it.

Thanks for the nice site everyone.

:lol: 2manytanks your name suits you well, most I ever attempted at one time was 3.

Welcome to AA :D

welcome. its nice to see and another reddeerian here.
my name is jen. and i plan to have a house full of animals like you if only my bf would let me.
right now we have three tanks.. allplanning on upgrading.:)
and a cat and a bunny.
i also want more animals.
but right now two litte boys 3 and under holding me back.
good luck.
and post some pictures of your tanks.
i've always wanted oscars, but instead found discus.
but still love them.

Back
Top Bottom