Another from Iowa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnAndTaylor

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. My name is John, and I live with my wife, kids, dogs, cat, and soon fish in central Iowa.

In my younger years, I had a 29 gallon and 55 gallon aquarium with various fish, mostly south american cichlids, including an oscar that lived to be about 11. I've always been interested in a marine or reef aquarium, but haven't ever gotten one set up.

Recently, a friend at work decided she was going to consolidate some of her tanks, and gave me a 70 gallon tank with a stand, heater, light, protein skimmer and sump filtration system, along with 30+ lbs of previously cycled dryed rock.

Now I've been looking around trying to decide precisely what to do with it. Since i have no experience with marine aquariums, there's some anxiety about trying to set one up. That, along with the current economic situations of the world, make me a little hesitant to spend hundreds of dollars. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions in the coming days/weeks/months. Thanks for the forum!

Welcome to the forums. I'm also from central Iowa.

Seems likes your going to have a fun time with that saltwater setup. We will all have fun helping you with any questions you have.

Back
Top Bottom