Another new guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Les Paul

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had a freshwater tank for 25 years and always wanted a saltwater tank. A guy I work with with the attention span of a 6 year old bought an 80 gallon established tank a little over a year ago. He has since sunk he estimates another 3k into it. I told him at the time when he was ready to sell I wanted it. Sure enough last week he calls and asks me if I want it. I hadn't seen it but went over to his house to check it out. It was/is amazing. Everything I could have asked for. He even helped me move it in to our house and set it up. I didn't even know what a reef tank was until I had seen this one. I would guess it has at least 100lbs of beutiful rocks etc. All in all a first class setup.

When we moved it we took all the rocks out and every time we would pick one off the bottom there would be numerous worms under them. He said that was normal. There was also a cucumber about 6 inches long he had never seen. I'll post some pics soon.

So we've had the tank for 5 days now and my wife is freaked by the # of worms in all the rocks. Everything I've read so far says it is normal but it freaks her out. I told not to look so close. We have the usual fish and will be adding some more that are compatable with what we have. At what point should I worry about the # of worms?

Welcome to AA!!! :wave:
Be sure to ask your questions in the appropriate forums and I'm sure you'll get some answers :wink:

Back
Top Bottom