Another New Member :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlani

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all! I'm new to the group (as the title says) I have two tanks running right now. One (65 gal) is a well established tank that I have had in operation for around 15years now. It has seen it's fair share of occupants over the years. Lol The current occupants are as follows. (bare with me on both the spelling and names)
1- blood parrot (looks like parrot crossed with a convict ciclid)
1- dragon fish (my pride and joy at over a foot long)
1- albino butterfly algae eater
1- spotted catfish
1- albino rainbow shark
1- red tailed shark
2- rosaline sharks
1- striped black & white algae eater
1- orange & black algae eater
(those last two I may need to post pics for someone to let me know what they are besides pretty)
5- assassin snails
25- surprise pretty snails (hence the assassins to keep that population at bay)
Wow I never realized how many are in that tank until just now. They have so much room in there that it doesn't seem like there's really that many. Lol
Now for my second tank..
This ones no where near as lengthy. My son has sparked an interest and of course mommy doesn't want to mess her tank up so.. I bought him his own. It's an old hexagon around 46gal. So far we're in the setting it up and getting our levels just right. No friends in there yet. He's looking at doing a ciclid community tank. I've already told him no more than 6 (don't want to crowd anyone) so if anyone has any suggestions as to what would be a good mix for this new tank please let me know. I look forward to hearing all about everyones fishy friends and if I can help in any way I will.
:)

Welcome I like the cichlids community. Parrot cichlids also called blood cichlids are my favorite.

Thank you for the welcome :)
There's so much information here! Usually I'm searching the web for hours trying to find bits here and there so this forum is fantastic! I only have one blood parrot right now. He's a bit of a bugger so I keep him solo. He does love to play with the sharks and my cat though. We're researching for my sons (he's 8) tank right now. He really likes the cichlids so we're trying to figure out which ones would work best for our set up. Any ideas would be welcomed :)

I didn't mean to make a guy with sunglasses. Lol! It should read he's eight

I love Cichlid's I'm new to the hobby also, but this forum has helped me so much and also helped keep my fish I've during my fish in cycle. The members here are amazing. I can't say enough. This is the best place to be to gain knowledge.

You can ask your questions in the Cichlid section under freshwater. The members will be more then happy to help you. Sorry I can't be more help to you.

I do have a 75g with African Cichlids. And I love them all.

Mlani how big is your tank? Did you say? African,parrot,jellybean, and convict cichlids are all ones I like

The tank I have the blood parrot in is a 65gal the tank my son wants to stock is a 46gal hexagon. I think because of the shape of the tank we'll be limited as to which cichlids we could put in there?

Mlani said:
The tank I have the blood parrot in is a 65gal the tank my son wants to stock is a 46gal hexagon. I think because of the shape of the tank we'll be limited as to which cichlids we could put in there?

You'll get a lot more responses if you start a thread in the Cichlid section. Just trying to help you out. :)

I have a post in the cichlid thread, no responses :-(

Bummer! Most or some cichlids grow up to 1 foot depending on environment . You could put a couple different kinds of cichlids in it. I know at least blood cichlids

Lol ok I'll be patient. I'll stop flooding the welcome board with this thread. Btw I love your tanks convict. Gives me ideas on what more I should do ;-)

Mlani said:
Lol ok I'll be patient. I'll stop flooding the welcome board with this thread. Btw I love your tanks convict. Gives me ideas on what more I should do ;-)

Thank you very much! :)

Back
Top Bottom