Another New Member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chew valley

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone,
I am new to this hobby. I always wanted to keep fish but never thought I had the room to do it. But now I do, so bought a nice sized tank a few months ago, it's 240 litres (52 UK gallons).

I did a fish in cycle and all readings were fine, so have been adding fish gradually. So I now have

6 x Zebra Danio's
6 x Platy's
3 x Swordtails (1 male, 2 female)
1 x Gold Gourami
1 x Pearl Gourami
1 x Male Betta
1 x Siamese flying Fox

My plan is to buy 2 Bristlenose Catfish in the next couple of weeks as well so I have something for the bottom of the tank.

So do you think that this setup looks fine. I don't think I am overstocked?

I did do quite a lot of research really, read a few books and have read a lot of info on the internet. Including the info on this great site. So have chosen fish which I think are easy to care for. Until I know what I am doing.

I currently do a 25% PWC once a week which I think should be fine?

I really wanted some Angels but decided against it as seemed very risky with the Betta. So went for the Gourami's instead, which I think there may still be a small chance of trouble with the Betta but I think this should be OK. Or is this a bit risky too? Do love the Gourami's I must say, very beautiful fish.

Regards
Andy
Bristol, England.

Back
Top Bottom