Another new one!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LandLocked

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all. Just got started into aquariums. I currently have a 60g FW with a Eheim 2215 with an added whole house prefilter modded to use floss and a HOB that only runs with the lights. It's in the living room so silence is a must.
I'm now working on setting up a sump and a non-drilled overflow, I like to tinker, with anything. The overflow is 1/2 sch 40 near the tank parts then 1" for the drop to the sump, 1/2" is small but I goter flowin some serious water, more then a maxi-jet 1200 and a small pond/hydroponics pump can flow at like 3 feet and is still semi quite, no gurgling at all but the airline makes a sipping noise at emergency level . I'll post a video if I can. I used ideas I found surfing YouTube mostly and a super key part I seen from BeanAnimal, connecting the airline up so it goes full siphon at an emergency too high level, great idea.
My 60 has 5 dwarf Gourami, a redtailed shark and a couple Danion with Eco Complete for most of the substrate. My 30g was setup first and it's probably overstocked with a purple parrot cichlid (that is orange) 3 Mickey mouse platy, 3 glow fish and 3 dwarf cory. They are small now but I'll have to donate some soon, I'm learning.
I look forward to reading and learning here, thanks everyone.

Hi all. Just got started into aquariums. I currently have a 60g FW with a Eheim 2215 with an added whole house prefilter modded to use floss and a HOB that only runs with the lights. It's in the living room so silence is a must.
I'm now working on setting up a sump and a non-drilled overflow, I like to tinker, with anything. The overflow is 1/2 sch 40 near the tank parts then 1" for the drop to the sump, 1/2" is small but I goter flowin some serious water, more then a maxi-jet 1200 and a small pond/hydroponics pump can flow at like 3 feet and is still semi quite, no gurgling at all but the airline makes a sipping noise at emergency level . I'll post a video if I can. I used ideas I found surfing YouTube mostly and a super key part I seen from BeanAnimal, connecting the airline up so it goes full siphon at an emergency too high level, great idea.
My 60 has 5 dwarf Gourami, a redtailed shark and a couple Danion with Eco Complete for most of the substrate. My 30g was setup first and it's probably overstocked with a purple parrot cichlid (that is orange) 3 Mickey mouse platy, 3 glow fish and 3 dwarf cory. They are small now but I'll have to donate some soon, I'm learning.
I look forward to reading and learning here, thanks everyone.
:welcome: to AA. I'm sure you'll have a lots of fun.....

Back
Top Bottom