Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Another Newbie

Hi, my name is Steve ("Hi Steve"). My family owns three tanks, though only one is active at this moment. We have a 58 Gallon Oceanic Systems tank that we acquired complete with the washed oak stand several years ago from my wife's friend when her ill-fit filter leaked water out the rear and ruined her hardwood floor. We took some measurements and figured out the OS tanks had a thicker than normal top trim piece and determined that the Marineland Emperor 400 Filter would straddle the edge well. After a few unfortunate false starts, we got an established tank up and running and we have been enjoying it for about 8 years.

We have also received two smaller tanks from friends who were moving or bored with them. Those are inactive at the moment.

We have about 25 fish in the OS tank at this moment. We have a mated pair of Kribs as well as a number of tetra varieties. The fish seem to get along as well as can be expected, though occasionally tempers will flare.

We have experimented with live plants in the past, but at the moment, we are using all artificial plants, plus a piece of driftwood, some stacked slate rock, and a small plastic hollow log where the female Krib hides most of the day.

The only change I would like to make to the tank at this moment is in the lighting. I will post a message in the appropriate forum for that.

Thanks for reading!

steve42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I have a fear of our tank ruining my hardwood floors... It turned out well for you though! Feel free to post pictures!

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
What's up Steve and welcome to the family.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:05 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
to AA! We hope ya enjoy
Andrew McFadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to the forum! Please enjoy!
[CENTER]Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
Latest aquarium vlog:
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com