Another Newbie... Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jk1nole

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! I am in the process of setting up a 65 gallon saltwater tank. Right now I just have live rock in there with the water. It is cycling for the first time. I have had freshwater tanks for a long time, but never salt water.

I got a smoking deal on a set up. 65 gallon tank, Pro Clear Pro 150 Wet Dry Filter, Protein Skimmer, Coralife Aqua Lighting, Pumps, etc all for $275.00. It is all less than a year old, but some minor issues are popping up.

I've already had to fix some things along the way. The filter was put together wrong, the protein skimmer leaks and needs a new gasket, the filter didn't have a lid, etc.

My question... I intend to build a reef tank, but I have no clue how to operate the lighting and there was no owner's manual. I have a Coralife Aqualight 10000K/Actinite system. I can turn one on at a time or both together. Does it matter what setting I have it one now while there is just live rock in there? And once I get coral and fish in there, what should I do for light settings every day.

I'm sure more questions will follow.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom