Another newbie saying hi.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dingo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just thought I would poke my head in and say hello, and send out a thank-you for the great resource. My girlfriend and I just pulled her old 10 gallon tank from storage and set it up 2 months ago. It's stable now and we have some happy-looking fish and live plants, but I think we hit maybe 80% of the "classic noob" mistakes on the list. :oops:

The good news is we only lost a few feeder goldfish, and I remember enough from watching my dad tend tanks in my childhood to know patience is best. I'm inheriting a 30 gallon tank in the coming months that dad doesn't want any more, so I'm planning and reading and learning quite a bit here. Maybe I'll have some questions when time for that tank comes a bit closer. Thanks again!

WELCOME TO AA!!!

Please do not cycle your tank with live animals.

Are you thinking FW or SW?

roka64 said:
Please do not cycle your tank with live animals.

Are you thinking FW or SW?

Yeah lesson learned, I feel bad for the little guys :oops:

Definetely FW, I'm not that experienced and I know a SW tank is a lot of maintenance.

Thanks for the thread move and the welcome :)

Dingo said:
Definetely FW, I'm not that experienced and I know a SW tank is a lot of maintenance.
It's just more expense for the initial set up, maint is not difficult at all. I started in SW and know nothing of FW! LOL!

roka64 said:
Dingo said:
It's just more expense for the initial set up, maint is not difficult at all. I started in SW and know nothing of FW! LOL!

No kiddin! Man, so much reading to do.

Welcome to AA, I agree with Roka. SW is not much maintenence but the initial cost is expensive.

Welcome from a fellow newbie... The people here are the friendliest ever, and the knowledge that they have to share... WOW

Back
Top Bottom