Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Another pseudo newbie

Hi All! I just wanted to briefly introduce myself here, I'm sure ill send plenty of posts and pics in the future. I've been reading everything here for a couple weeks and it seems there is a LOT of knowledgeable people here...

Anyway, here is a pic of my current set-up. I'll fill out my profile as soon as I get a chance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-747080808.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	123876  

Old 10-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA beautiful tank! What size is it a 29? And are those platys in there?

Old 10-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to the family!

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:10 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

to AA!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, it's a 29 gallon and no, not platys. If you are asking about the little red fish, they are the most vibrant, long-tailed cherry barbs I have ever seen. I couldn't resist them. I have five.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

There are also 3 angels, a half-black, a marble, and a "silver" (which looks more gold-ish to me). There is an oranda (who lost his red cap), 3 gold barbs (lost 3 others to ich), 2 scissor-tail rasboras, an African dwarf frog, 2 albino corys, 2 pepper corys, a red-tailed black shark, an apple snail, 2 black mystery snails, 2 zebra snails, and 5 ghost shrimp. YES, I'm aware the tank is way over-stocked. I'm working on finding space for yet another. I also have an American toad, a bearded dragon, a jungle carpet python, 3 fancy hermit crabs, a cockatiel, and an eight year old son. Whew! It's a lot when you write it all out! Lol
Old 10-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floodygirl
There are also 3 angels, a half-black, a marble, and a "silver" (which looks more gold-ish to me). There is an oranda (who lost his red cap), 3 gold barbs (lost 3 others to ich), 2 scissor-tail rasboras, an African dwarf frog, 2 albino corys, 2 pepper corys, a red-tailed black shark, an apple snail, 2 black mystery snails, 2 zebra snails, and 5 ghost shrimp. YES, I'm aware the tank is way over-stocked. I'm working on finding space for yet another. I also have an American toad, a bearded dragon, a jungle carpet python, 3 fancy hermit crabs, a cockatiel, and an eight year old son. Whew! It's a lot when you write it all out! Lol
Wow lol sounds like you got a full time job just in pets let alone the kid haha love carpet pythons by the way.. do you have a pic of him?
Old 10-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Yeah. He enjoys all of the critters. Here is a recent pic of the jcp. Doesn't do her colors justice. She is so beautiful with her vibrant yellow and velvet black.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3656006035.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	124003
Old 10-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Yeah. He enjoys all of the critters. Here is a recent pic of the jcp. Doesn't do her colors justice. She is so beautiful with her vibrant yellow and velvet black.
Now that I'm in my New house I was thinking of building a tree python enclosure. My body use to breed cobras a few years back and I got rid of my last couple snakes about 4 years ago : / ...she's gorgeous though
Old 10-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Wow that is a pretty snake! I'm not usually a snake person but she looks amazing!! At my schools aquarium club we take care of a corn snake called Chester and another snake called Julius Squeezer (is my ex science teacher hilarious or what??)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com