Another pseudo newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floodygirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All! I just wanted to briefly introduce myself here, I'm sure ill send plenty of posts and pics in the future. I've been reading everything here for a couple weeks and it seems there is a LOT of knowledgeable people here...

Anyway, here is a pic of my current set-up. I'll fill out my profile as soon as I get a chance. :)

Attachments

• image-747080808.jpg
    image-747080808.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 89
Welcome to AA :) beautiful tank! What size is it a 29? And are those platys in there?

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, it's a 29 gallon and no, not platys. If you are asking about the little red fish, they are the most vibrant, long-tailed cherry barbs I have ever seen. :) I couldn't resist them. I have five.

There are also 3 angels, a half-black, a marble, and a "silver" (which looks more gold-ish to me). There is an oranda (who lost his red cap), 3 gold barbs (lost 3 others to ich), 2 scissor-tail rasboras, an African dwarf frog, 2 albino corys, 2 pepper corys, a red-tailed black shark, an apple snail, 2 black mystery snails, 2 zebra snails, and 5 ghost shrimp. YES, I'm aware the tank is way over-stocked. I'm working on finding space for yet another. :) I also have an American toad, a bearded dragon, a jungle carpet python, 3 fancy hermit crabs, a cockatiel, and an eight year old son. Whew! It's a lot when you write it all out! Lol

Floodygirl said:
There are also 3 angels, a half-black, a marble, and a "silver" (which looks more gold-ish to me). There is an oranda (who lost his red cap), 3 gold barbs (lost 3 others to ich), 2 scissor-tail rasboras, an African dwarf frog, 2 albino corys, 2 pepper corys, a red-tailed black shark, an apple snail, 2 black mystery snails, 2 zebra snails, and 5 ghost shrimp. YES, I'm aware the tank is way over-stocked. I'm working on finding space for yet another. :) I also have an American toad, a bearded dragon, a jungle carpet python, 3 fancy hermit crabs, a cockatiel, and an eight year old son. Whew! It's a lot when you write it all out! Lol

Wow lol sounds like you got a full time job just in pets let alone the kid haha love carpet pythons by the way.. do you have a pic of him?

Yeah. He enjoys all of the critters. ;) Here is a recent pic of the jcp. Doesn't do her colors justice. She is so beautiful with her vibrant yellow and velvet black.

image-3656006035.jpg

Floodygirl said:
Yeah. He enjoys all of the critters. ;) Here is a recent pic of the jcp. Doesn't do her colors justice. She is so beautiful with her vibrant yellow and velvet black.

Now that I'm in my New house I was thinking of building a tree python enclosure. My body use to breed cobras a few years back and I got rid of my last couple snakes about 4 years ago : / ...she's gorgeous though :)

Floodygirl said:

Wow that is a pretty snake! I'm not usually a snake person but she looks amazing!! At my schools aquarium club :D we take care of a corn snake called Chester and another snake called Julius Squeezer (is my ex science teacher hilarious or what??)

Back
Top Bottom