Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Another Wyoming guy

Good morning.

Tom from Wyoming here. I was brought to this forum by a google search for info on keeping cutthroat trout in an aquarium. So, I posted way too much in that thread about my plans (hopefully to encourage the original poster to keep at it). Don't know how much I'll post otherwise, since I have a very busy life and don't have much time to keep up with another forum. Still, it seems like a friendly and helpful place, so good on all of you for helping each other out.

Fish-wise, I currently have a 55 gallon home tank, and a 10 gallon tank in my classroom, both planted, both tropical, both doing quite well. I also have an irrigation pond with some goldfish that do remarkably well with absolutely no help from me.

I like to know the theory behind what I'm doing, not just paint-by-numbers. So I try to understand natural aquatic ecosystems and how aquarium techniques replace/recreate those systems. It is a slow learning process that started with I was in junior high and continues today. I have a gift for trying every possible wrong way before I stumble on the right way, and I have learned just enough to realize that I have only scratched the surface.

I dream of creating three 150 gallon show tanks--A SE Asia tank, and South America tank, and a Wyoming Foothills Creek tank--that will put to use all I have learned, and push me to learn still more. But doing all that would require a bigger house (not to mention a bigger income), so it's all just dreams for now.

Whistling Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to the forum

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to our website! Enjoy!
[CENTER]Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
Latest aquarium vlog:
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com