Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Any advice for Cleaner Shrimp?

Hi there!
I'm beginning to take an interest in the whole aquarium scene and thought I'd begin with a couple of cleaner shrimp.
The only problem is that as i'm new .. I don't know where to start!!
If anyone could give me any advice from the best products to care I would be truly grateful!

by the way, as i'm just kindling my interest in keeping shrimp, I literally mean I do not have any clue or any equipment so I would actually love to get some feedback haha. It's something I'd like to have done for a few years now but only got around to starting.

Thanks in advance

Sophi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Mmmmm, where to start ?. What do you think you want eventually? Cuz this hobby is very addicting & I d advise starting big. It s easier to maintain a bigger tank (think 50g or more) & that gives you lots of options. Also, research cannister filters, you ll need a heater and I d reccomend large grain sand instead of gravel for a substrate. Also, start reading up on fish less cycling. And you ll need an API liquid test kit. And Prime unless you re on well water.
That s a good start I think....
Rodeo one is offline   Reply With Quote

advice, cleaner, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com