Any one got advice on cory cats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austrent

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys I just joined the group! I was just wondering if anyone had a reason why I can not keep salt and pepper Cory's in my 140L 620t aqua one tank. I have got pandas, albinos but for some reason all my S&P's die. This batch of 2 fully grown I had for a week, they were all fine till today when they started to be quiet wobbly and floaty! They are currently still alive and i have my water tested regularly. Not sure what has caused it but any advice would certainly be helpful

From my research: "Corydoras habrosus - Unfortunately, they are extremely delicate fish (habrosus means soft or delicate). They can suffer from trauma during transport or being caught or just stress from the whole endeavor. They also need to be fed smaller foods, especially if they are competing for food with other bottom feeders..."

Hope this helps... Good luck!

Thanks very much. I had a lot of problems initially with the set up. All good know though- 12 weeks on and all the lil kinks are working them selves out!

It seems with peppered cories they are hit or miss. I ordered 6 off of severum mama and HN1 and three died randomly over the course of two weeks or so. I'm down to three, two of the smallest and the biggest one. Like I said, no rhyme or reason, everything tested out ok.

I'd almost classify them with otos as far as shipping goes, buy double the amount you want.

Thanks! I called the pet store and they have had no issues with them in store but were more than happy to swap it over! I now have 2 bronze Cory's! Let's hope I have more luck then the s&p's. On a brighter note I also bought 6 runny nose Tetras- they are so cool

Rummys are extremely sensitive to changes in water parameters. Be sure to watch them carefully. As long as their noses are red, they are probably okay in your tank. Also, don't be surprised if you lose one or two of the six. They can be that fragile. They say that if you want a school of 8 rummies, buy 12. ;)

Back
Top Bottom