Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-15-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any one got advice on cory cats?

Hi guys I just joined the group! I was just wondering if anyone had a reason why I can not keep salt and pepper Cory's in my 140L 620t aqua one tank. I have got pandas, albinos but for some reason all my S&P's die. This batch of 2 fully grown I had for a week, they were all fine till today when they started to be quiet wobbly and floaty! They are currently still alive and i have my water tested regularly. Not sure what has caused it but any advice would certainly be helpful

Austrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
From my research: "Corydoras habrosus - Unfortunately, they are extremely delicate fish (habrosus means soft or delicate). They can suffer from trauma during transport or being caught or just stress from the whole endeavor. They also need to be fed smaller foods, especially if they are competing for food with other bottom feeders..."

Hope this helps... Good luck!

Why do I love fish? Because every time I stare into the little world I have created for them, every problem I have just floats away....
Retired_AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
Thanks very much. I had a lot of problems initially with the set up. All good know though- 12 weeks on and all the lil kinks are working them selves out!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus
It seems with peppered cories they are hit or miss. I ordered 6 off of severum mama and HN1 and three died randomly over the course of two weeks or so. I'm down to three, two of the smallest and the biggest one. Like I said, no rhyme or reason, everything tested out ok.

I'd almost classify them with otos as far as shipping goes, buy double the amount you want.
meegosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:17 AM   #5
Thanks! I called the pet store and they have had no issues with them in store but were more than happy to swap it over! I now have 2 bronze Cory's! Let's hope I have more luck then the s&p's. On a brighter note I also bought 6 runny nose Tetras- they are so cool
Old 02-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
Rummys are extremely sensitive to changes in water parameters. Be sure to watch them carefully. As long as their noses are red, they are probably okay in your tank. Also, don't be surprised if you lose one or two of the six. They can be that fragile. They say that if you want a school of 8 rummies, buy 12.

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote

cory, cory cat, cory cats

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com