Any tips for salt water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lionfish456

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone I am new to salt water I have a 75 gallon with a 30 gallon sump. 50 lbs of live rock, protein skimmer, 40 lbs reef sand, base rock, live corals, Dual t5 lights with day and antic lighting, built my own over flow and panels In sump with just live rock then slimmer then return pump. I need help knowing what else I need for my filtration since I don't want to add nitrates. I read about mud, live sand, fluidized bed, and many more options out there but it cost a lot to be messing around and was hoping for a turn key set up I can use on more tanks I want to build so please help me out here so then I can deal with fish disease or fish not eating knowing the filtration is perfect. My other tanks which are not salt water I use wet dry and canister filters but I been having fish loss in my system like when I first started with salt water :( so please help me out with my design.. One thing I been noticing is my return pump is very strong it's on it's lowest setting and it's finky like a co2 doser sigh

Welcome to the AA community. I suggest posting a "build" thread or something of that nature in the saltwater section. You'll get more hits there.

I'll be looking for ya in there :)

Back
Top Bottom