Apistogramma are my passion....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ApistoShane

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

My name is Shane. I am 17 years old and located in Portland, Oregon, USA. I keep many different freshwater fish species.

Mainly, I am into wild caught Apistos, West African cichlids, and various killies.

Here are pics of some species I keep.

Apistogramma iniridae

vSUV7Pl.jpg

Dicrossus filamentosus (male)

pdnzkIO.jpg

Apistogramma sp. Totoya (male, aggressive mood) (female) (acquired yesterday from Wet Spot)

x2nQ1CF.jpg

j3UzGlC.jpg

I6PcrQb.jpg

Apistogramma bitaeniata 'Rio Jutai' pair (male in breeding/aggressive dress)

Working to get this wild caught pair in shape... they came in pretty thin.

yx6z5bp.jpg

rhGkkkO.jpg

uG2TmrH.jpg

Apistogramma sp. Abacaxis female with fry

JwTmd2z.jpg

Apistogramma hongsloi male

EB7T4KD.jpg

Aphyosemion calliurum

7KmEWOb.jpg

Chromaphyosemion sp. Mbanga

QQNfzSc.jpg

y3vdVTC.jpg

Pelvicachromis Kribensis 'Moliwe' female with fry.

qYWUfpS.jpg

I hope to contribute to the forum. Excited to be here!

Shane

Last edited by a moderator:
Your apistos are beautiful! Wow I've been really interested in them for awhile now but super hesitant on adopting one because I don't know much about them are they semi aggressive? I've heard some can be kept in community tanks? I have a male electric ram and really wanted to add an apisto in with him what are your thoughts and recommendations on that? IMG_7160.jpg here's a photo of one of my clown killies

Whatsup guys! I recognize 3 out of the 5 people who responded [emoji23]. @Brookster123 @mbkemp @coralbandit

Thanks for the kind words @Fresh2o

@ashbby My first suggestion would be to visit dwarfcichlid.com and read a little bit on various Apistogramma species. They do well in communities, but I prefer to keep them in tanks that are more geared towards them, as they can be relatively sensitive at times. The best quality Apistogramma and Rams I have ever received came from @coralbandit... so I would suggest talking to him.

Whatsup guys! I recognize 3 out of the 5 people who responded [emoji23]. @Brookster123 @mbkemp @coralbandit

Thanks for the kind words @Fresh2o

@ashbby My first suggestion would be to visit dwarfcichlid.com and read a little bit on various Apistogramma species. They do well in communities, but I prefer to keep them in tanks that are more geared towards them, as they can be relatively sensitive at times. The best quality Apistogramma and Rams I have ever received came from @coralbandit... so I would suggest talking to him.

Thanks Shane for the kind words.Some of us don't just sell fish , we breed the best and therefore sell the best fish. :cool:
Your comment is appreciated.:D :thanks:

Nice clown killies there ashbby...

Thanks Shane for the kind words.Some of us don't just sell fish , we breed the best and therefore sell the best fish. :cool:

Your comment is appreciated.:D :thanks:

The iniridae females are all starting to look plump, males look that way too.... I think spawning is going to begin soon lol.

Welcome!

I used to keep and breed apistos almost exclusively.

Watching them raise their fry is awesome. Especially with a trio.

Nice looking fish!

Your hongsloi is making me super jealous.. it may be time for a new tank. If I may ask, where did you acquire him?

Welcome!

I used to keep and breed apistos almost exclusively.

Watching them raise their fry is awesome. Especially with a trio.

Nice looking fish!

Yes,

I totally agree. It is also fun watching the courting process. My female abacaxis is doing a phenomenal job caring for the fry at the moment.

Ok... some stuff happened recently.

Hongs spawned (for their third time) today.

Got a new rarity...Apistogramma sp. D50, mouthbrooding Apisto from Colombia.
Male is 4.5 inches, female is 3.5 inches.

Male:https://i.imgur.com/HsZHtQ4.jpg

They are in top shape...I think I will have a spawn from them shortly...

Back
Top Bottom