Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

A 50 gallon is the absolute minimum for these fish, they can get 2 feet long!

Old 04-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #12
SKB
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm about to post a thread to help you lol. Old about the question you asked. Like I said I'm no expert. But ik how u feel, I hate and unless it has to has to has to be done I've never returned a fish to a fish store.

I will say, before I found this forum, well before I knew there was anything to learn about fish, I kept some goldfish (from a fair) in a 20 gallon for 2 years or so. So I'd say if u can get the biggest tank that can fit into ur place, you'll be ok until u can figure something else out.

I'm gonna message a few people I trust. And hopefully I can get some information for you, ok?

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
SKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #13
SKB
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Old about the question u asked = idk about the question you asked**

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
Old 04-04-2013, 11:52 PM   #14
SKB
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I guess do the best you can for it, but you should try to regime them as soon as you can unless you can find a way to appropriately home them... That's the best information I can give.... Please keep me updated though. I will try to help you but I'm sure I'm far away from you. Ik someone that has a koi pond out here but the koi are so large now they'd prolly find ur fish a snack. U can post on here under a thread saying ur selling them, but they aren't easy to ship but maybe I'll find someone in ur area. Do you have a Craigslist there?

Old 04-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #15
SKB
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I found someone who has experience with goldfish. They will be here for you soon

Old 04-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Those goldfish are beautiful and get HUGE! I know people that keep them in ponds. Your doing the right thing, I'd try and get over the guilty thing and re home them to your LFS or try the classifieds here on AA. Maybe Craigslist, or even aqua bid.

This fish need 150 gallon plus IMO to really thrive and be able to capture the beauty of them.

I'd start here on the AA classifieds you may get lucky. Someone with a pond maybe. Also. Where are you located? I can ask my buddy who owns a fish shop and is now getting all his pond accounts up and running.

There such beautiful fish I don't a problem when trying to find them a good home.

Dino

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #17
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA!!! You have been receiving good advice so far! For now, stay on top of your water changes to keep them healthy. You actually have quite a few options to find them a happy pond home. Looking on Craigslist as well as posting an ad seeking a happy pond home are just the tip of the iceberg. California, particularly the temperate weather to the south, is quite popular for ponds. I'm on my cell but I will post some links for you tomorrow once I'm back on my computer with additional info to help you in your quest for a happy home. Please ask any questions!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:12 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Welcome to the forum.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Location: Southern California by the largest aquarium: The Pacific Ocean
Anyone know where I can find a stand that it low to the ground and sits on or near the floor? I know about the wrought iron double deckers, but they are perimeter supporting stands, I want one that is like a table top that supports the entire length of the tank. Thanks in advance ...
Old 04-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarist Newbie View Post
Anyone know where I can find a stand that it low to the ground and sits on or near the floor? I know about the wrought iron double deckers, but they are perimeter supporting stands, I want one that is like a table top that supports the entire length of the tank. Thanks in advance ...
Try like a Homegoods, Ikea, Target stores like that. My wife found a nice piece of stable furniture that would hold a tank. lol I sat on it in the store. It was petty funny, standing, laying and sitting on furniture. 6'2" 270 pounds lol. What a sight!!

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, newbie

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com