Aquarium Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maltimomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi Everyone. I have a 29 gallon tank and 55 gallon. They are both freshwater tanks. I have dwarf gouramis, bleeding hearts, blood fins and black skirts in the 29 gallon and in the 55 gallon I have blue and gold gouramis, rosy barbs, rainbows and angelfish. Now heres my issue: I want lighting that will help bring out the colors of my fish. I've been looking at the colormax, but I'm not sure if they really work. Any thoughts?

No I don't. I'm just wanting to bring out the color in the red gouramis and the gold and blue gouramis and the rainbows. My hoods are regular fluorescents. I can't afford to go to anything else so thats why I have been looking at the colormax lights. :fish1:

you could probably try that. I just want to make sure that you don't have live plants in there because lighting is very important for their survival. You could also try the daylight compact flourescent bulbs..they are bright and you can really see the difference from incandescent.

you can go to walmart for the daylight compact flourescent, they are like less than $10.00 for a pair.

Hi maltimomma, and welcome to the AA forum. :welcome: I have a link for you that has several articles on planted tanks, including the lighting. I have been researching that, since I also want to plant my new 50 gallon. It is entirely dependant on what you plant, and you can research that, as to how much and what kind of lighting you will need. Here's your link and have fun:http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/read-this-first-resources-and-references-83826.html.

Back
Top Bottom