Aquarium Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itsFishieWOOT

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone! I'm Felicia from California. I just added this app yesterday and excited to get feedback and get more educated in the aquatic department.

After several months of moving around, I was blessed to find a beautiful home to live in and settle. I got interested in fish and growing aquatic plants this January. I wanted to save 2 female crowntail bettas from those tiny containers at the pet store so I bought them. Then I learned that even the females can have different personalities so they had to be separated. I recently bought a 20gal and 3 Mickey Mouse Platies. Through some research and a friend's suggestion, I use Fluval Stratum and API plant products for my aquatic plants that I grow from the bulbs.

I'm hoping that I will be able to sell aquatic plants and fish in the future. Any advice for a beginner would be great!

Hi there Felicia! Welcome to Aquarium Advice! :welcome:

I, too, am a fan of Platies! They are colorful, small, cute, and I love the variety.

Is your aquarium cycled?

Thank you for that forum. I just read the whole thing and it was very helpful! I'm not sure if I have the best cycle for my fish tanks. My friend suggested me to use Seachem Prime and none of my fish have had any problems so far. I've been using it for several months now with each water change.

Back
Top Bottom