Army Wife / Fish Enthusiast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marisullivan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Everytime my husband gets called away I become OBSESSED! I started a few years ago with my first 55 gal. It started from their - and at one time had 8 tanks going all at once. I have bred live breeders - which are simple and am now trying my convicts - which is very new for me.
Currently I have 3 tanks going and am setting up my 75 gallon this summer to filter through since I have 2 white tip shark catfish that will need to be moved their from the 55 gal.
I love fish, I love learning about fish and become obsessed. I guess everyone has their weakness - mine is fish. Besides - my persian kitten LOVES to watch the tanks with me.

I love learning - so that is why I am here.

Welcome to AA! :) Sounds like you have MTS (multiple tank syndrome) like the rest of us! You came to the right place LOL. :D
And thank you and your husband for his service. :)

Welcome. You will learn a lot here. I know I have.

Thank you all - and I was wondering what the MTS meant - but figured it was over my head (2 glasses of merlot have my brain on pause). MTS is a ((light)) way to say I am OBSESSED - but I know I am. I was reading the other day about a guy that did a freshwater tank with sand and let me tell you that hamster in my head was on the wheel in a heartbeat as my google fingers could not resist to start beating on the keypad for research. As for my husband and I serving our great nation - it is our pleasure!

Welcome and even though your hubby is in the army (im a marine..hehe interservice rivalry) thank him for me as well. MTS is also a type of snail so just watch the sentence its being used in.

Welcome to AA. My hubby is in the Airforce and we are in NC too. Stationed in Goldsboro NC. Thats about 2 hours from you. It's good to see someone thats fairly local here!

Welcome and thank you both, him for his service and you for your service as an army wife. I am ex usarmy 63b light wheel mechanic (heard it went from heavy/light to one MOS now).

MTS isnt a bad thing to have, it really isnt.....it could be worse you could breed cats lol.

Seriously though, welcome and THANKS!

Also, I do care packages, if he has an APO we can send his platoon some much needed goodies. I also work with operation homefront alot and figure since I cant go there and throw bullets with the best of em I can make a difference at home.

Welcome to AA! Ever think about coming over to the salty side? :devilish:

Been thinking about it - I got my grubby little hands on a 30gal oceanic for great deal - that I thought about making that my little project. I am considering to do it this summer - as a matter of fact. And yeah - I REALLY wanna try it. Heard it is not too hard.

Welcome and even though your hubby is in the army (im a marine..hehe interservice rivalry) thank him for me as well. MTS is also a type of snail so just watch the sentence its being used in.

ha ha ha - I won't hold it against you for being in the Marines (hardy har har). He LOVES the Army and won't leave till they boot his old end out. MTS is also a snail hey, shoot - another acronym to learn. LOL!
p.s - thank you for your service as well. I understand the sacrifices you and your family make - they are very appreciated - from one military branch another.

Welcome and thank you both, him for his service and you for your service as an army wife. I am ex usarmy 63b light wheel mechanic (heard it went from heavy/light to one MOS now).

MTS isnt a bad thing to have, it really isnt.....it could be worse you could breed cats lol.

Seriously though, welcome and THANKS!

Also, I do care packages, if he has an APO we can send his platoon some much needed goodies. I also work with operation homefront alot and figure since I cant go there and throw bullets with the best of em I can make a difference at home.

Yeah - army has changed ALOT!! Mine is a 25u for ca - communications geek. In fact he just found out today that he is not going to the war zone with his team due to budget cuts....must be bad if they can't afford to take the commo ncoic....but anywho...

Funny thing - I was just telling my hubby the other day I wanted to breed my Russian Seal Point Persian - ha ha ha - thought he was going to choke me, since according to him "everything in our house eats". hhmmm...including him, but he sticks around...so....ha ha j/k.

He is on the home front right now - has been for 1 year and hates every second of it. He is an old dog and loves a good fight - devestated today when he found out only 10 of his 30 member ca team is going. But if he stays behind - I will still bake for his team members just as if he was their, it is the right thing to do. But once his team goes - I will be happy to give you their info as I am sure they would appreciate it.

When my hubby was in Iraq before - every other weekend - my then 6 year old and I would bake for him - cookies, biscotti, muffins, breads, send snack foods, junk food, cards - anything we could to let him know how much we thought about it. In return - he shared it. He use to say that "regardless of rank, a homemade muffin can make any man smile while thousands of miles away in a war zone".

Thank you for all you do. For a wife - it means alot to know that their are others that care.

Welcome! Most of us understand the obsession....I am too....that's why this site is so great!
Can't wait to see some pictures of your tanks if you have a way to take some then post 'em!

Back
Top Bottom