ATM Colony

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snark

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Sorry if this is a repeat. I have just poured 12 oz of ATM Colony Freshwater into my 70 gallon tank. There is not much information on the bottle. It states: Adding additional dosages of ATM Colony Freshwater will accelerate the cycling process and the ...

It does not tell me when to add more of the Colony or how much to add.

Any advice?

:welcome: to AA!
Never used the stuff sorry can't help you on that one really. I would go off of how the water tests and adding after water changes

hmmmm....I was told not to touch the tank for water changes or cleaning for 4 weeks. This may drive me a little crazy, does it sound right to you?

Fish in, 9 swordtails...just read your articles. I was doing 25% water changes every day and Big Al's told me to stop!

With fish in cycles you should be doing water changes everyday depending on how it tests. If the ammonia gets over .25 you need to do a water change.

Last edited:
Hi again. I did a 25% water change yesterday. Ammonia is still high at .50 but it's better since it was 1...should I do a larger water change or stick with 25%?

hey!!! just tested my water....0 ppm ammonia.....ta da!!!!! Now I can get my cichlids ;o) and it was done in just over a week using parts of an old sponge filter and a bottle of colony.

Back
Top Bottom