Awkward Intro Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horticulturis0

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Howdy all,
I'm new to the aquarium but have always had an interest in it. My past experience in it is mainly my dad's 30 gallon gold fish tank, mainly watching him care for it and not taking an active role in it...but past that I don't have much experience. I'm sure all have a myriad of questions that will no doubt raise a difference of opinion or two.

Welcome :) do you have tanks of your own? If so what sizes?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was going to say if it's mollies, when they reproduce that tank is a little small. 30g would be better. For now I'd say it is fine though.

We were going for guppies...I showed her all the live bearers and that was her favorite.

We were going for guppies...I showed her all the live bearers and that was her favorite.

I like guppies they are very pretty fish, but they also can turn into a breeding disaster because they breed much quicker than many other fish, before you know it you could have 10 more

Well...crud. As much as it may excite my little one to see frys, for me that drastically increases the work load. Oh well...no use worrying about what may never come to be.

Well...crud. As much as it may excite my little one to see frys, for me that drastically increases the work load. Oh well...no use worrying about what may never come to be.

If you don't want them to breed though just get all the same sex ?

Pretty sure I just posted in your intro thread on another forum :)
If you ant to avoid fry, do as suggested above and shoot for a single gender. I see a lot of people saying to get all males, however it's my understanding that male livebearers can get aggressive toward each other, so I'd suggest some research on that front before stocking.

:lol: You probably did...I like to pool my information and test the waters, especially with online forums to see which one I prefer. (see what I did there:brows:)

Back
Top Bottom