Awkward Introductions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Admara

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. I'm horrible at these things, so I'll get to the point before I make you as uncomfortable as I am typing this. :hide:

I'm a student living in the Midwest. Feel free to call me Admara or Mara, either one works fine! I've always loved everything aquatic, since I was five I wanted to be a marine biologist. I'm especially fascinated by cartilaginous fish; I wanted to be a field biologist and study sharks. Unfortunately, due to some medical issues, scuba diving and exposure to a lot of sunlight have become out of the question for me.

After several long years, I've convinced my parents to let me get a fish tank. Currently, I'm testing the effect of magnetic fields on nonmigrating freshwater fish, or, rather, I'm getting ready to do so. I go to a science focus program where each student must do independent research project, so I jumped on the chance to make mine an opportunity to leap into the world of fish keeping.

I'm sure I'll be posting here to get ideas for my first tank once my experiment wraps up! :D

Well, uh, if you reached the bottom of this, thanks for reading! I can't wait to get my feet wet (excuse the bad pun) in this hobby, and hopefully make some friends. :fish2:

Welcome to AA Admara. Sorry to hear that the study of sharks may not be an option for you with sunlight issues, but i'm glad you're close to starting your first aquarium at home. Hopefully you enjoy that as much as most of us here do.

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

welcome to AA. When I lived in Texas my neighbor was a marine biologist with a 500 gallon salt tank in his apartment. He always had some interesting things in there. You can still feed your passion without exposing yourself to the sun. There are lots of aquariums in the world with sharks.

Back
Top Bottom