Awrite fae Scotland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miaa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Big hey from Scotland.

Been researching over the past few weeks on how to set up my freshwater aquarium and kept landing here, great site with lots of information.

Only had my tank set up for a day or so and it's already went cloudy :( Can't get my bogwood to sink either.

But anyway, been reading up on yer articles and started fishless cycling so hopefully all will go well.

If not, I always have here to turn to haha!

Welcome to AA! The cloudiness in your tank is more than likely due to a bacteria boom, it happens with new tanks. How did you prepare your DW before introducing it in the tank?

Thanks guys! By prepare do you mean scrubbing the hell out of it in the sink before dumping it in?

Try taking the DW out of the tank, if you can, boil it. Then let it sit in a bucket weighed down in the water for about a week. Doing all of that ensures that you striped the wood of tannins, so your water doesn't turn yellow. And it also helps the wood loose its buoyancy

Your very welcome and please check out the links that mumma posted if you haven't already. They will help you with getting your aquarium started and any beginner questions you may have
Happy fish keeping! :)

Yeah read that guide on this forum, found the top link great info too, today my tanks a lot clearer anyway, thanks again guys.

Back
Top Bottom