Back after a 15yr break

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Short-N-Portly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was heavy into the hobby years ago, I had a 150S, 125S and 4-55's plus a 150gl Turtle tub. Long story short I sold everything but kept the turtle(he's 24 now and resides in a 30gl tub) After the long break and becoming retired due to a debilitating injury I wanted something else beside drinking beer and guns to keep busy with.

Slowly getting back into it, I have a 90 that'll I'll be setting up soon, I'm in the middle of refinishing the stand and canopy. I'm going to fill it with live plants, rainbows, catfish and plecos like I had in my 150show tank.

So much has changed, tons of new species, filtration has made a big stride as well. There wasn't much info available back then and now there's so much to read and research it's baffling.

I also want a shrimp tank, the little fellers are cute and a hoop to watch.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with you folks and learning some new stuff.

Jeff.

Welcome to the forum Jeff. ?perhaps you could start a thread to share your build with everyone. That way any questions you have or suggestions you would like can be answered/given during your journey.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Welcome to the forum Jeff. ?perhaps you could start a thread to share your build with everyone. That way any questions you have or suggestions you would like can be answered/given during your journey.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have ultimately decided to back burner the stand and canopy refinishing for a month or so to get some other home repairs done first to appease wifey, I will seriously consider your suggestion.
Thx.

I picked this Aueron-4 last night for $20.00 via Craigslist, came with a bunch of stuff & chemicals, the included inhabitants are 2 Tiger Barbs, 1 Tetra and a Red Sword tail. I have yet to clean or do anything besides refill the tank with a couple gallons of Walmart spring water.
Half the leds don't work so I'll prob replace it with a ebay jobber.
48 LED Aquarium Clip Lamp Clamp Light White Blue Color Lighting US Adapter | eBay

I'm going to go full tilt planted shrimp tank with it, wifey wants a few guppies for color.

Just need to do some research on shrimp needs etc and acquire needed media and other essentials, I'll donate the fishes I have now, doubt their worth much for in store credit if anything at all.

Attachments

• 000020160420_164641.jpg
    000020160420_164641.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom