Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Back Again!

Well after almost 2 years I have once again returned to the aquarium world. Basically my ex and I broke up and I let him take the tanks because I knew I would move a couple times. Now he is moving and doesnt want them anymore. I got my 20 gal back (planted with a dwarf puffer, 2 red eye tetras, 2 serpae tetras, a south american puffer, and 2 siamese algae eaters) The only fish I wanted were the dwarf puffers. My ex put the tetras in to cycle the tank and they surprisingly have been there ever since. He also put in the algae eaters which are ok but get kind of big so I may sell the to the pet store. He got the South American Puffer too and it has been great with all the other fish. I need to get more plants because he evidently let all but one plant die off.

So excited to have a tank again!

20 gal planted-1 Dwarf Puffer, 1 South American Puffer, 2 Red Eye Tetras, 2 Serpae Tetras, 2 Siamese Algae Eaters, and some random ghost shrimp meant as food. Have 2 ten gallons empty so help me decide (maybe Betta and ADF and a shell dwelling Cichlid tank. Open to suggestions) Visit my T-shirt store http://www.moronsarefunny.spreadshirt.com
Tabbykat9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:27 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well welcome back!! Glad your here AA!!!

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:44 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hi, look forward to pics once you get sorted! Love dwarf puffers, how old is your little guy?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:39 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

He's 2 years old. There were more but I think the first moving of the tank eventually killed them. Hard to find though I had to hound my lfs to get them ordered lol.
20 gal planted-1 Dwarf Puffer, 1 South American Puffer, 2 Red Eye Tetras, 2 Serpae Tetras, 2 Siamese Algae Eaters, and some random ghost shrimp meant as food. Have 2 ten gallons empty so help me decide (maybe Betta and ADF and a shell dwelling Cichlid tank. Open to suggestions) Visit my T-shirt store http://www.moronsarefunny.spreadshirt.com
Old 02-18-2013, 03:48 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

:Welcome: back to AA!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:11 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbykat9698 View Post
He's 2 years old. There were more but I think the first moving of the tank eventually killed them. Hard to find though I had to hound my lfs to get them ordered lol.
Glad he made it! I am waiting for my lfs to get them in!! Slightly impatient how big is your guy? Welcome to the forum by the way.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Maybe an inch long. He is by far the most docile fish in the tank but also seems to have the most personality and like me the best. This has been his 2nd move so lets hope he makes it. So far so good but its only been a week. The south american puffer is the one im worried about. I didn't buy him and his teeth have gotten large. I am so afraid to do dental work. He isn't aggressive at all though he just seems bored which is why I have to add more plants. I think he is about a year and a half old. and actually the dp is probably almost 3 years old now that i think about it.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbykat9698 View Post
Maybe an inch long. He is by far the most docile fish in the tank but also seems to have the most personality and like me the best. This has been his 2nd move so lets hope he makes it. So far so good but its only been a week. The south american puffer is the one im worried about. I didn't buy him and his teeth have gotten large. I am so afraid to do dental work. He isn't aggressive at all though he just seems bored which is why I have to add more plants. I think he is about a year and a half old. and actually the dp is probably almost 3 years old now that i think about it.
Fingers crossed for your little guy! Yeah, had herd their beaks can get overgrown, watched a YouTube video of the treatment they require occasionally...didn't imagine I would ever be anaesthetising fish when I got into this hobby?!?! good luck, thus forum will be lots of help to you I'm sure, people seem very knowledgable (not me) and keen to help!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com