Back in Business, help with Iridescent Sharks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetrill

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! First off, I am extremely happy about finding this forum. I owned my last aquarium about 7-8 years ago . . . 3 Oscars roughly 1.5' in length each. I sold them before I joined the military to a long time friend and responsible fish owner.

Now that I'm a civilian again and working in the private sector, I find myself in charge of the office aquarium which we just got up and running. It was sitting in the back for a few years collecting dust. It's an 80 gallon tank which is now home to:

1 Bristlenose Pleco
3 Garnet Tetra
2 Redtail Sharks
2 Iridescent Sharks

All the fish seem to be acclimating well except for one of the Iridescent Sharks. I am posting this approximately 3 hours after releasing the sharks into the tank. He was happy and healthy at the pet store with about 20 other fish in a 30 gallon tank. He was also active while I floated him for 20 minutes. After releasing him, he went straight to the bottom and not much has changed with the exception of some sporadic swim spurts. I'm hoping that it is way too soon to tell whether he is okay and he is only stressed about the new environment. Also, is it true that these fish are happiest when in schools of 5 or more? I have no direct experience with these fish. I've read multiple threads on them and have taken the advice such as lessening the amount of light in the tank and trying different foods (i.e. bloodworms, flakes, pellets, brine shrimp). 3 hours in, I normally wouldn't worry but for some reason, this little guy is stuck in my head. Thanks for any help!

Back
Top Bottom