Back to marines, and back to being broke!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparky83

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

I've just brought myself a new nano marine aquarium after being away from fish completely for a few years.

It is a Kent Marine, Bio Reef 94l. It's 2nd hand but looks in good condition so far, although its sitting in my car at the moment as I picked it up a few hours ago on my way to work.

I'll have plenty of questions, of that I'm certain!

So far I have a small list of potential fish I would like to keep, I'm under no illusion that I can't keep that much in it, so with that in mind I've looked at the smaller fish.

I'd like...

2x Clowns
1x Goby/shrimp pair
1x six line wrasse maybe
Blenny?
Cardinals?

So that's where I am for now, an empty tank!

Thanks for reading,

Sparky

You could keep all them fish in a 94l no problem

I have recently set up a nano after not doing marine for a while so anything you want to know , I'm sure I could help

That's good to know, thanks.

One question I have right now, how do you up load a photo.

I've tried to paste it in, tried the URL using photo bucket etc but still says no!

Is it because its a new account maybe?

Talk to an admin I'm sure they can sort it but I saw your profile picture and it looks like a nice aquarium this is mine after a little while

Attachments

• image-770017347.jpg
    image-770017347.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 64
Broke ain't the word lol. Welcome to the forum

I had a 4x2x2 last time, and filling that with live rock cost a silly amount of money! Worth it though!

Talk to an admin I'm sure they can sort it but I saw your profile picture and it looks like a nice aquarium this is mine after a little while

Thanks, I'm hoping it'll look good once it's all setup.

Yours is looking very nice, how long has it been running?

About 6 months so not that long all I did was add love rock, live coral sand, then done a cycle added a clown then 1 month later I added a fire fish then a damsel and more recently a regal tang (temp) and a tomato clown

I plan on filling it up later today if not tomorrow to make sure all is well.

The pump and skimmer etc are all in a bag and need putting together, will have to work out what goes where.

Once it's all working ill drain down ready for RO. So I'm best adding my RO, get up to temperature and salt it, then add LR and LS. Then just wait for the cycle to come and go, obviously testing along the way. Then I'm good to go?

How much sand did you get for yours, if yours is a similar size. I don't want to order it and find I've got too much or too little. Same with live rock too.

This is what I'd like it to finish up looking like, roughly!

image-582518847.jpg

Back
Top Bottom