Back to this hobby and it's definitely changed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the bubble curtain would look cool! I had some ghost shrimp but I didnt really like them. They were too creepy looking and honestly they were rather boring to watch because they didnt really do anything!

Yeah, I've always wanted to do a bubble curtain with some lights behind maybe a red lit volcano in front of it bubbling as well... I wanna get into sand but idk if that's worth the effort... I can see where you're coming from on the shrimp. Just trying to think of some fish that can live in the 5.5 gal size long term besides the Goldfish and Betta. There was some dwarf chiclid I think that could, might do that... Then again my girl might just want one running tank till we're settled into a house....

Yeah, I've always wanted to do a bubble curtain with some lights behind maybe a red lit volcano in front of it bubbling as well... I wanna get into sand but idk if that's worth the effort... I can see where you're coming from on the shrimp. Just trying to think of some fish that can live in the 5.5 gal size long term besides the Goldfish and Betta. There was some dwarf chiclid I think that could, might do that... Then again my girl might just want one running tank till we're settled into a house....

I have seen the bubble curtains in a few tanks.... it would definitely resemble a "Nemo" tank if you put it behind a red lit volcano.

Sand can be difficult in a freshwater tank... particularly when you end up moving the sand around...it can get aggravating because any movement while cause a bit of a sandstorm and you have to wait a while until it settles again to be able to see anything. Plus i dont think you can use a gravel siphhon so cleaning out fish poop may be difficult.

Not sure what to suggest with regards to the small fish... maybe some neons? They are small and do well in pairs or small groups.

I have seen the bubble curtains in a few tanks.... it would definitely resemble a "Nemo" tank if you put it behind a red lit volcano.

Sand can be difficult in a freshwater tank... particularly when you end up moving the sand around...it can get aggravating because any movement while cause a bit of a sandstorm and you have to wait a while until it settles again to be able to see anything. Plus i dont think you can use a gravel siphhon so cleaning out fish poop may be difficult.

Not sure what to suggest with regards to the small fish... maybe some neons? They are small and do well in pairs or small groups.

Exactly! That'd be kind of cool? :Shrugs: I'll nix the sand, I'll stick with the rocks and whatnot. Neons are good in groups of five or so.

So i lost my wrasse in my saltwater tank.

Sucks! It was a $30 fish!

I dont know whats going on because my levels are ok..frustrated
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Huh. Hmmm. Well fed i would imagine... Weird.

Well A friend just gave me a 20 gallon hightank.... got a stand for it today... thinking i might make another reef tank in that one.

All the fish i seem to really like need a larger tank than a 14 gallon.

Maybe i will try a wrasse again once i have that one set up:ermm:p

Well A friend just gave me a 20 gallon hightank.... got a stand for it today... thinking i might make another reef tank in that one.

All the fish i seem to really like need a larger tank than a 14 gallon.

Maybe i will try a wrasse again once i have that one set up:ermm:p

I see, any salt water tank, you need at least a 55gal tank in my opinion, maybe the wrasse just didn't have space?

I see, any salt water tank, you need at least a 55gal tank in my opinion, maybe the wrasse just didn't have space?

Well in saltwater bigger is always better but i dont have the space for a 55 gallon!

I dont know what i am gonna do at this point :confused:

It kills me to have a fish die... especially when they are so expensive!

Well in saltwater bigger is always better but i dont have the space for a 55 gallon!

I dont know what i am gonna do at this point :confused:

It kills me to have a fish die... especially when they are so expensive!

Touche, neither do i. :shrugs: I wish I could help you further...

Here is the filter media, I did a wc to keep the levels low as possible. I'm going to get a new filter media in the morning since I'm out right now.

ForumRunner_20130407_225723.jpg

Back
Top Bottom