Back to this hobby and it's definitely changed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get the filter that is pre made, i guess i could get the stuff to make my own filter... My starter kit came with a black foam/sponge looking pad, someone in this thread before said it was probably there to catch big particles.... I'm debating about taking it out..

I think one of those came with my filter too. I used it for the first month but then when i made the cartridge and added the ammonia absorber i couldnt fit it in anymore.

Its a personal choice i guess:whistle:

WOW! Looking good Chad. The water is super clear now. :dance:

How have your water levels been?:popcorn:

Haha thanks. Been super clear for awhile, every morning I wake up hoping it doesn't haze overnight again. I actually just checked the levels. 7.0 to 7.2 ph, 0.25 ammonia, Nitrite is at 2ppm to 5ppm unfortunately, and Nitrate is around 5ppm.

Haha thanks. Been super clear for awhile, every morning I wake up hoping it doesn't haze overnight again. I actually just checked the levels. 7.0 to 7.2 ph, 0.25 ammonia, Nitrite is at 2ppm to 5ppm unfortunately, and Nitrate is around 5ppm.

Ph sounds good but those nitrites seem a bit high.

Have you reduced the amount or frequency of the feedings yet? More food =more fish poop and waste!

Do you have a cleaner? Like a cory cat or something like that? It might help clean the bottom of the tank if you are feeding too much or too frequently.

I just got one for my tank this past weekend. They are pretty cool to watch:popcorn:

Ph sounds good but those nitrites seem a bit high.

Have you reduced the amount or frequency of the feedings yet? More food =more fish poop and waste!

Do you have a cleaner? Like a cory cat or something like that? It might help clean the bottom of the tank if you are feeding too much or too frequently.

I just got one for my tank this past weekend. They are pretty cool to watch:popcorn:

Yeah, just once every morning. All of those cleaners aren't just gonna fit in my 5 gal tank... Just to small :(

Yeah, just once every morning. All of those cleaners aren't just gonna fit in my 5 gal tank... Just to small :(

Not even just one? I only have one cory cat and he is pretty small .... about an inch in length.

He is all i need for my ten gallon tank.

Just a suggestion.... :angel:

Not even just one? I only have one cory cat and he is pretty small .... about an inch in length.

He is all i need for my ten gallon tank.

Just a suggestion.... :angel:

Hmmm. I'll definitely look into that. I wonder how the guppies will like him.

Hmmm. I'll definitely look into that. I wonder how the guppies will like him.

Honestly I doubt they will even notice him.

Corycats are pretty cool little fish.

They kind of remind me of a little old man with their whiskers! Lol:lol:

They seem to stay by themselves and will just clean the gravel.:fish1:

Honestly I doubt they will even notice him.

Corycats are pretty cool little fish.

They kind of remind me of a little old man with their whiskers! Lol:lol:

They seem to stay by themselves and will just clean the gravel.:fish1:

So how is the tank coming along? Did you get a cory cat yet?:fish1:

So how is the tank coming along? Did you get a cory cat yet?:fish1:

Coming along just great, levels are same, sorta got busy this weekend and went 2days between wc but doing wc tomorrow. Planning on stopping by the LFS and checking out the Cory Cat, my tank could definitely use it, we've cut down on the amount of food but still vacuuming remains in the rocks..

Can you attach a pic of your Cory and the color you got?

Coming along just great, levels are same, sorta got busy this weekend and went 2days between wc but doing wc tomorrow. Planning on stopping by the LFS and checking out the Cory Cat, my tank could definitely use it, we've cut down on the amount of food but still vacuuming remains in the rocks..

Can you attach a pic of your Cory and the color you got?

I wish i knew how lol!

The one i got is gray with black spots.

He reminds me of a little old man:lol:

I wish i knew how lol!

The one i got is gray with black spots.

He reminds me of a little old man:lol:

LoL I upload pics through my phone app. :D

He sounds like mine, the Peppered Cory Catfish. :) Yes I gave in and got one today, he was just too cool to pass up when I saw him lol. Do you feed him anything specifically? I got some API Bottom Feeder Pellets. Haven't fed him any since he's been roaming around the tank eating what the guppies haven't lol. The lady feeds them every morning and she insists they need to eat well lol. :popcorn: I'll post a pic of him after I do a WC tomorrow. I also got the Stability, gonna use up my quick start first so I don't have so many bottles of random fish stuff laying next to it like my fish are drug addicts LOL.:ROFLMAO:

LoL I upload pics through my phone app. :D

He sounds like mine, the Peppered Cory Catfish. :) Yes I gave in and got one today, he was just too cool to pass up when I saw him lol. Do you feed him anything specifically? I got some API Bottom Feeder Pellets. Haven't fed him any since he's been roaming around the tank eating what the guppies haven't lol. The lady feeds them every morning and she insists they need to eat well lol. :popcorn: I'll post a pic of him after I do a WC tomorrow. I also got the Stability, gonna use up my quick start first so I don't have so many bottles of random fish stuff laying next to it like my fish are drug addicts LOL.:ROFLMAO:

I guess i need to learn how to upload with my phone then lol!

Yes...you have the same one I got. He is really cool looking.... told ya! I dont feed him anything different from what the other fish eat. I switch off between blood worms and flake food and he basically eats whatever falls to the gravel.
I love the idea of it.... fish drug addicts! Lol:brows:

I guess i need to learn how to upload with my phone then lol!

Yes...you have the same one I got. He is really cool looking.... told ya! I dont feed him anything different from what the other fish eat. I switch off between blood worms and flake food and he basically eats whatever falls to the gravel.
I love the idea of it.... fish drug addicts! Lol:brows:

You do that, I'd like to see your tank. Awesome! Fish druggies lol.

You do that, I'd like to see your tank. Awesome! Fish druggies lol.

I have figured out how to upload pictures to this website!

However..... i still have not figured out how to add them here on this feed!

I am going to keep playing with things so maybe I will surprise myself in a minute lol:blink:

In any case check out the albums under my profile. Not the greatest photographer so bear with me if they are blurry :(

I have figured out how to upload pictures to this website!

However..... i still have not figured out how to add them here on this feed!

I am going to keep playing with things so maybe I will surprise myself in a minute lol:blink:

In any case check out the albums under my profile. Not the greatest photographer so bear with me if they are blurry :(

Via computer, when you are writing your reply there should be a little paperclip at the top next to the smiley, that'll bring up a popup to which you can then add pictures to this thread. :cool:

Meh, your pictures are pretty cool. I really like the dinosaur theme, I don't think to many people have gone that route with their tank... Do you have a filter on that tank as well as the volcano bubbler? and that Pepper Cory looks good with the Chichlids? sp? Once my girlfriend is okay with bringing my old 10 gallon tank and maybe running both tanks I'm thinking about putting a bubble curtain with led light curtain in the 10 gallon tank as well as the filter and moving the current fish to that tank and putting ghost shrimps and maybe an assassin snail or another small fish in the 5.5gal. She just doesn't want to have a watery mess and several fish going down the toilet if it doesn't work right... lol.

Via computer, when you are writing your reply there should be a little paperclip at the top next to the smiley, that'll bring up a popup to which you can then add pictures to this thread. :cool:

Meh, your pictures are pretty cool. I really like the dinosaur theme, I don't think to many people have gone that route with their tank... Do you have a filter on that tank as well as the volcano bubbler? and that Pepper Cory looks good with the Chichlids? sp? Once my girlfriend is okay with bringing my old 10 gallon tank and maybe running both tanks I'm thinking about putting a bubble curtain with led light curtain in the 10 gallon tank as well as the filter and moving the current fish to that tank and putting ghost shrimps and maybe an assassin snail or another small fish in the 5.5gal. She just doesn't want to have a watery mess and several fish going down the toilet if it doesn't work right... lol.

The dinosaur theme was my sons idea. The triceratops' mouth opens and closes so it looks like he is eating the plants in front of him:popcorn: I also have a HOB filter. The fish are a mix of molies and black phantom tetras

I think the bubble curtain would look cool! I had some ghost shrimp but I didnt really like them. They were too creepy looking and honestly they were rather boring to watch because they didnt really do anything!

The dinosaur theme was my sons idea. The triceratops' mouth opens and closes so it looks like he is eating the plants in front of him:popcorn: I also have a HOB filter. The fish are a mix of molies and black phantom tetras

Ahh, they have some dragons that blow bubbles out of their mouth at Petsmart, didn't know if you knew that. :popcorn: but yeah that's a really cool theme, kind of reminds me of the Nemo movie with that volcano. LoL So you get good water circulation then, hmm.

Back
Top Bottom