Basically new here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Normalnot1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well hello there! I found the AA site as I've been trying to remember the things I learned when I "jumped into" the hobby 15 yrs ago. I STARTED with a 55 gal, mounted on a block wall in my living room. (I found it and a bunch of decor and supplies AND a Fluval that was for a 100 gal tank in a "un contained trash" pile in N Phoenix)
Through a bit of research, (1998 Internet) and lots of trial and error including the deaths of multiple fish, I got the hang of it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE having an aquarium. I love the relaxing nature and how beautiful the look and sound.
When I moved up here to Cottonwood, AZ (very near Sedona) the house I bought is a "manufactured home". If it were older than it is, it's a 2004, it would be a dbl wide trailer...(and it was 2006, before the bubble burst, so I paid a ton for it. Oh well, another story!)
Because we were moving to a man home, I have the tank and ALL the stuff away.
My daughter, 19, is spending the summer living and working at a KOA in Flagstaff, so asked me if I'd babysit her Shabunkin Goldfish. So I set her 10 gal up here, and bought 5 neon Tetras, a Dalmatian Mollie, and an algae eater, not a plecostomis, but some other name that sounds similar.
Today I took out the last dead fish that isn't the goldfish. I've been treating her for a few days for Ick, and she is looking WAY better now.
Quick question: How long do I keep putting the blue drops in after she is (I guess) cured?
When do I put in some "Fungus Clear" to avoid secondary infections.
And lastly, how long do I need to wait before getting some new fish. (I don't have a quarantine tank)
Nice to meet you all, and I'll try not to be too long winded! ? (That COULD be a problem for me as I'm sure you can tell!)

Welcome to the forum! I hear you on the trial and error. Btdt. I have avoided a lot of that this time by reading a lot here.

Back
Top Bottom