Begginer With big tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKing420

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently purchased a 150 gallon freshwater aquarium. I have questions about stocking and fish compatability. As well as proper filtration. Please hep.

I definitely want to get clown loach and boesemani rainbows... but im not sure if they are compatible and what other fish are compatible with them.. im also unsure about which filter would be appropriate for a tank this size. Some say get 2 filters.. some say get 1.. lol im cunfused.

Yeah, rainbowfish and clown loaches are compatible. Pretty much any medium sized community fish is fine with clown loaches and rainbowfish. Definitely get 2 filters, big clown loaches are messy and they also like plenty of water flow.

What are the dimensions of this 150?

48x24x30... which specific fish would you recommend?

I wouldn't do clown loaches with those dimensions. You CAN, but it's going to be cramped. Have you looked into some of the fish related to the clown loach? They are very beautiful, very similar in behavior, but stay much smaller so you can have a lot more too. Look up "botia kubotai", " botia histrionica", "botia almorhae" and "botia striata"

You could do some of the calmer central and south american cichlids with these fish. Severums, or certain geophagus species would work nicely. Angelfish are also an option.

Okay ill check that out.. i have heard of the zebra loach which i like alot.

Ok sweet thanks. Do you think i could add white cloud minnows

White cloud minnows like somewhat cooler water. If you're doing clown loaches they could eat them. I would look at somewhat larger and warmer fish.

Okay thats good to know. Ill probably go with a large group of zebra loach and a smaller group of yoyo. With some rainbows.. any other fish you think would fit comfortably?

Sure, plenty. It all depends on how many fish you're adding. If it were me I would just do lots of loaches and rainbowfish ;) But you could do something like ram cichlids, a pleco of some sort, angelfish, other schooling fish like tetras and danios, etc. It all depends on what you want.

Ok cool. Thanks so much for your help it is greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom