Begginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

qb6fire

Aquarium Advice Freak
ive been on a few forums and this is my choice!
i am a begginner dont even own a tank yet :( but will soon.
my goal is not to get a huge tank but one for my room that is cost effective for a college student,
the one fish i absolutly want is a clown fish after i sorta helpped a buddy breed his unsuccesfully at first then succesfully :)

with that said hello everyone and any advice on a tank and all the goodies to go with it would be great.(y):dance::thanks:

that is the reason i am here ha every other place i searched there was that complete dbag and here i havent seen a single one

Hey

We all the same interest.

When you get your own tank you can "Private Message Me "

Ill be happy to adivse you on anything you may need to know.

Sometimes people may hit a nerve, but they mean no harm. They are just trying to help
Make sure you read all the rules of the site

for now i have just a general question for anyone willing to help out as to what all i need to get a begginner tank going for my room that is cost effective for a college student but wont take up what little room i have left in my room

Best thing for a college student is a low maintenance, planted tank IMO. A ten gal tank, heater, HOB filter, light, flourite, some driftwood, some anubias, java fern, and some nano galaxy rasboras. Maybe some red cherry shrimp or dwarf mexican crayfish as well. BUT, If you really want clowfish and want to go the saltwater route, you'll need at least a 30gal tank (I don't know how big your space is at college), sand, salt mix, live rock, a heater, a HOB filter, and a light. You could maybe put a pair of clowns in there. I wouldn't bother with live corals unless you're up to the challenge. Both salt and fresh also need a good test kit to test the water. API is the one I use.

Hi welcome to the forum!

If youre short on space and funds I would suggest an all in one system like a bio cube or a nano cube. I have the 29g cube and its a really good tank in my opinion. Plus it comes with stock lighting that can maintain some corals, nothing crazy but a really good selection.

sweet so im headed towards the biocube!

would it be best to get a 14 or 29gal one???
its a big price difference for me but after researching and wanting a clownfish it says a 30gal is suggested
also will live rock or fish only be the way to go?

I;d go with the 29g if you can. I have one and it's pretty awesome. lol Plus you can have clowns! and even other fish. the 14g would have you pretty limited.

I have live rock and like 3 small corals in my cube so it's mostly fish only. The rock is needed as it's the biological filtration for the tank. :)

Figure about 30lbs of rock total, some of it live rock and most of it base rock, or cheap dead rock. The dead rock will become live over time so it's a good option to save money.

Welcome and best wishes. I think this is a great forum and I hope it is as helpful to you has it has been to me.

29 gallon it is now time to search for a cheap one on sale haha

well im gonna downsize to a 24 gal nano cube with a stand for 165

Back
Top Bottom