Berarus - USA :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krakozavr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!
My name is Alex. I'm old-shool aquarist from Belarus, who recently relocated into the USA, NYC.

I'm ichthyologist and herpetologist by education, but I'm worked for years in graphic design and photography. Now I'm professional creative photographer who going back into the old-passion hobby.

My last tank (just about one month old, and totally unfinished - this photo is a little bit outdated, I rearranged some plants recently and will uptate this one soon):

101942-albums14405-picture69190.jpg

Have A Very Best Tank!

P.S. I'm looking for Green Babaulti in NYC - maybe you have these guys? :) Thank s in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
it's a mix of a native and exotic plants.

Exotics:
Hygrophila difformis
Nymphaea sp. red
Aponogeton undulatus (?)
Microsorum windelov
Microsorum pteropus
Bolbitis heteroclita (not a true aquatic... but looks growing)
Bolbitis sp.
Rotala wallichii
Java fern
Anubis nana
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Hemianthus micranthemum
Cryptocoryne wendtii
Lilaeopsis brasiliensis

Native:
Eleocharis sp.
Isoetes sp. (lacustris, probably)
Elatine triandra
Cabomba caroliniana (invasive here)
Fontinalis sp. (two different forms)
Fissendens sp. (looks like fontanus)
Moss unidentified
Ludwigia palustris
Myriophyllum spicatum (invasive)
Elodea canadensis
Najas sp.

also, amano shrimps, neocaridina davidi "chocolate", otocinclus vittatus (shool of 6) and one plecostomus hypostomus. More shimps and fishes will come; I still unsure how kind of fishes I want: or to continue South-American with small cichlids, tetras and some L-catfishes and corydoras, or with Asian with a glass catfishes, danios, cardinals, acanthophthalmus and dario... Will see :)

Can't see the picture :( Tank looks good in the first pic, I need to see it updated!!

BEAUTIFUL tank!
Welcome to AA,the USA and of course NY!
You made 3 great choices there!
Looking forward to hearing and eeing more from you!

Welcome to the forum :)
Amazing looking tank!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Welcome to the forum and the country! Beautiful tank.

May I ask what are the floating plants called?

Hey Alex, thanks for joining Aquarium Advice! Your setup is stunning! And ichthyology...it must be awesome having an education in that, especially since you have a passion for aquariums. I also enjoy photography, it is so satisfying getting that perfect shot! :-D :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom