Betta Addict saying Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiikeria

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, AA, my name is Kris, (though you can call me Tiki as well) and I am addicted to keeping bettas. I currently have 2 males (one crown, one delta) and two females, all in an equally divided 20L gallon tank.

I also own a 55 gallon, but, due to limited space, it is not set up right now. I hope to get it set up post-College.

Speaking of that, when I'm not watching my fish, I am studying web and graphic design, reading or writing short stories and novels, drawing, and hanging out with my also fish-addicted friends. I also have been working at a movie theater for over 4 years and counting.

I just wanted to drop by and say hi to the AA community. Hopefully, I can learn some more about owning aquariums, as I am still very much a novice. :)

Welcome Welcome ... I love bettas also.... I have one that has grown to almost 5 inches .... and two new additions one at work and one in the kitchen I am a newbie here also !!!!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. :) As for pics, I actually just cleaned the tank, so they're in their cups, but I can show you the tank set up. :)

I love bettas, they have so much personality. Like my biggest male, the delta, he's so laid back and not aggressive, while my crown male picks a fight with everyone. XD

Attachments

• image-2866155185.jpg
    image-2866155185.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 76
the setup looks nice,a different enviroment in each one.it would be cool if you switched there place ment around everynow and then. what do you mean by cleaned out?

Thanks. :) I tried to give them all a separate theme for their section using the decor I had.

And I did a full cleaning, meaning I washed all the rock and the plants and the like and completely changed the water. I do it every-so-often so I know everything's clean, and I re-condition the water with Betta Safe.

Thanks. :) I tried to give them all a separate theme for their section using the decor I had.

And I did a full cleaning, meaning I washed all the rock and the plants and the like and completely changed the water. I do it every-so-often so I know everything's clean, and I re-condition the water with Betta Safe.
thtas bad,you get rid of all the good bacteria doing that,and cause your tank to re-cycle

I normally do a partial change, but I figured cleaning it completely every-so-often, then letting it stabilize for 24 hours wouldn't hurt. When I had smaller tanks that's what I'd do, or else the water would get cloudy. Though, this is the biggest tank I've had, so maybe that doesn't apply to bigger tanks. :)

i made the pic bigger,and didnt seee a heater or filter,you have both,right?

Yup, I do. I have an AquaClear 30 Power Filter and a heater as well. They're hidden by plants and the light in the pic, but they are definitely there.

Back
Top Bottom