Betta Experts - Can u help me?? Halfmoon or delta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nataliartz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,

I'm a newby to this site and also with bettas. I'm posting a picture of a betta that I just bought. It was sold as a "halfmoon" but I think he just look like a "delta" ??? By his size he's about 11 - 12 weeks old.

Those anyone can tell the difference just by looking at the picture of Claudio? (Yep, that is his name!)

Thank you!

:)

Attachments

• Claudio's First Day at home 02.04.12.jpg
    Claudio's First Day at home 02.04.12.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 93
calidos tail

he may just need more time to grow to a halfmoon or he could be a young double tail there is a small spilt in his tail you could post a picture in basement bettas on facebook their are a lot of breeders on that web page the lady that breeds and shows runs it :fish2::fish2:

Thank you all for ur feedback! 'll try to make him do a full flare and post the pic later...

Moved to the FW general discussion. Your question will get more looks there as this is the welcome wagon.

Looks very much like a platinum halfmoon to me. I would love to see a pic of him in full flare to make sure. If he has the split along the tail giving him 2 distinct lobes he would be a doubletail, but if the tail fin is solid, it would be a halfmoon. Right now, I'm leaning toward the halfmoon.

Beautiful fish!

Thank you all for your comments. Claudio is definitively not a double tail. He has a very solid tail fin. I’ve been trying to take a good picture of him making a full flare but he just maintains it for a few seconds when he looks in a mirror. Some people think he is a super delta…. I still don’t know.
Regardless, he’s doing great! He is already used to his new tank and I believe he “recognizes” me at feeding times. Also, he let me touch him a couple of times!!! I think he has potential to learn a couple of “tricks”.
Any ideas on how to take a good picture of Claudio making a full flare?

My betta flares at me all the time don't need a mirror. I would say that he is a just a HM, super deltas tend to come with a hefty price tag. Pet stores tend to typically only carry veil, half-moon and crown, normally you have to pay good money to breeders for the fancier types like super delta.

Back
Top Bottom