Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-27-2004, 01:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

better late than never :)

I never did introduce myself and I figure I might as well now - better late than never, right?

I'm a 22 year old college student and stumbled upon this site when I had puffer fever bad. I learned quite a bit and by the time my tank had finished cycling, I abandoned the puffer idea in favor for some africans.

When I was young my parents had a small 10 gallon tank and we would buy new fish all the time because they never seemed to last more than a month or so. Eventually they gave up and emptied the tank.

My roomate now had a 20 gallon tank a year or so ago and a pair of Dempsy's in it. Along with another tank with a beautiful goldfish named Lucy and a huge Common Pleco named Ptolemy. He never changed his water, barely checked his filter and had around 1/2 inch of gravel on top of a old, never cleaned UGF. Needless to say, problems developed and we ended up scrubbing the Dempsy tank and going looking for new inhabitants.

Thats when I saw the Figure 8 Puffers and decided to get a tank for myself. I picked up the bow, set it up for brackish and began cycling with molly's per the lfs' recommendation. Then I found this site and began reading my butt off.

I originally had a few beautiful small africans in my tank and then aquired the crossbreed. Shortly after he attained his mass, my residents started dying. So here I am now, with a bass-sized meanie, one smaller african and some plecos left in the big tank.

I originally got the 5 gallon tank to breed snails for my puffers... well that idea went south so now it is holding some residents that need a bigger tank pronto.

Ending this novel, I will tell you my future plans so as not to be pelted with veggies for the mishandling of my fishies - hehe

I will be getting a 90 Gal tank for the cichlids and plan on adding a couple Nimbochromis venustus' per Menagerie's suggestion.

The bow will be converted to a fully planted tank with C02, 20 Gal sump and upgraded lighting. I will then move my fish from my 5 gal bow into that one, increasing the small school of black neons in the process.

I plan on keeping the 5 gal bow for a QT tank.

Well now that my fingers are sore from typing, I think I will go back to reading everything everybody else has to say here.

Oh yeah, my parents are planning on putting in a plnd/stream/waterfall dealibob in their backyard and I might be the one actually doing it so I guess I can add that to my list of future aquisitions...

-T

Old 07-27-2004, 01:55 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Wow!! Better late than never is right!!
[center:b180721eac] Welcome NOT-SO-!!![/center:b180721eac]

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:15 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Glad to get a proper introduction - and a belated welcome to AA to you!
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:03 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's some intro! Feels weird welcoming someone who joined before me but I'll do it anyway!

Welcome to AA!

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:05 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:07 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari
That's some intro! Feels weird welcoming someone who joined before me but I'll do it anyway!

Welcome to AA!
heh - thats okay, I didnt really start posting much till recently anyway...
Old 07-28-2004, 06:16 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to oscarbreeder
WELCOME TO A.A.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/kyman_33/sig.jpg
oscarbreeder is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com