black ghost knife fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have mine in with a pair of blood parrots, a pair of gold severums, a pair of Bolivian rams, and some silver dollars and they all get a long fine.

I keep my 8"ghost knife in a 125 with mixed aggressive fish. As long as he has a good spot to hide. And the other fish aren't big enough to eat him you'll be fine. I have 2 6"oscars, 2 8" iradesant sharks, 2 12" alligator gars(spotted gars) a 5" Dempsey, and a large pleco. Never had any issues.

Not sure about fontosas, I think they might require a higher ph than the BGK. Never had fontosas so Im not positive.

I keep my 30cm BGK in a 6x2 with 5 discus, a few different types of apistos,bloodfin and white star tetras, and a few l number plecos. I've never had any problems, he doesn't even eat the tetras, not one bloodfin or white star has gone missing since i added them almost a year ago. I think i am just lucky that hes placid. I work with a guy who had a 10cm one that chased around neons then chocked on one and died :(

EDIT: If i was to ever get rid of the discus, i would add severums, Festivums and Threadfin acaras or some peacefull Geo's, they would be awesome in a big tank with a large BGK. maybe even a pair of demon earth eaters just to say "Oh I just keep Demon earth eaters and Black ghost knife fish" when people ask what fish i have hahä :)

Back
Top Bottom