Boldly going where every fish geek should

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettazoid

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi friends!
I'm sinibotia and Missgurnus friend-- literally live in the same apartment complex.

I'm new to the forum, but not so new to the aquarium hobby, having 5 fish tanks and taking care of fish in aquaculture settings.

My specialty is freshwater fish, with a slight obsession on betta's. I have a grand total of 24 fish-- 8 of which are betta fish. All of my fish are spread across 5 tanks (3 10gal, an 8gal, and a 2.5gal). Once I have more money I will acquire more betta fish and bigger tanks for my betta-buddies.
I also have other pets too-- a ball python and a cockatiel.

Once the new year rolls around I'll also be trying my hand at breeding the fish I have (betta's, cherry barbs, pygmy corys), and maybe others. Sinibotia is pumped for that. We heart fish children.

Anywho, if you like betta's as much as me or have awesome advice on breeding or general fish care drop me a line!~

:fish2:

Welcome to the forum! Hope you like it here! Nice to see people encouraging other fishkeeprs to join this awesome forum. Pictures of your setups would be nice! I don't currently keep any Bettas but have been thinking of adding a nice one for a centerpiece in my ten.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What up, duuuuuuuuude! Welcome to the addiction... I mean hobby. Kick sini in the shin when you see him for me.... Hehe, just kidding. Glad to have ya aboard. Hope we can all be of assistance.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can confirm I know this guy :whistle: he's a great fishkeeper! He just needs some bigger tanks and more cichlids ;)

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome to the forum! Sweet that you know someone here! A friend of Sini is a friend of mine ;) Looking forward to seeing you around!

Woo! Finally!

And all you have to is ask poppa I'd be glad xD
Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Better Get the checkbook out..
Welcome!!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1448741244945.jpg
    1448741244945.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 61
  • 1448741284275.jpg
    1448741284275.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 1448741304927.jpg
    1448741304927.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 63
Better Get the checkbook out..
Welcome!!

He's seen my rams and been unphased! I bet he would love killies though. Someone has to convince him how terrible betta breeding is :hide:

Bah. The cichlid market is pretty saturated, too. He's giving fellow betta enthusiasts a local option in your area, which is pretty rare. :p Can't wait to see those set ups!

Bah. The cichlid market is pretty saturated, too. He's giving fellow betta enthusiasts a local option in your area, which is pretty rare. :p Can't wait to see those set ups!

And the betta market isnt?!?!?

Hence the "too", with the local option caveat. :p Read all the words! So... When do we get pics?

It isn't your dog to walk. Maybe he finds it cathartic. Trot out the I told you so if he fusses about it ?

It isn't your dog to walk. Maybe he finds it cathartic. Trot out the I told you so if he fusses about it ?

Oh I know, I know he'll enjoy it. It's just sort of a running rag on him ;)

Someone has to convince him how terrible betta breeding is :hide:

I'm your guy for that (y)(y):lol:

Welcome bettazoid. We wont hold you knowing Sini against you. :brows::ROFLMAO:
If you have time and space, Betta breeding can be fun. But it's work. Don't let anyone tell you they can make quality Bettas without much work. :nono: I suggest you read the following so you know what you are getting in to. It's 4 parts so no skipping to the end.;) Read all 4 parts in order. (y)breeding bettas

I've produced thousands of bettas in my career and this article is the closest I've seen to my experiences doing it. Happy reading. :eek::lol:

Here are 4 of my set ups! Last one will be in separate reply (still figuring out how to work this site).

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 57
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 55
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 77
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 49
It's going to be fantastic seeing what beauties you are able to breed up!

Back
Top Bottom