born again aquarium enthusiast!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carriebradshaw

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i bought my first 110l juwel fish tank one year ago. fully equiped and stocked with a school of tetras, 2 angel fish and 2 pakistani loaches.
i immediately changed some of the decor so it felt more like mine. i guess i felt that i had to have ornaments. so i had a buddha head, a ruin and a plastic plant. i was never fully happy with it and was frustrated that despite regular water changes, cleaning of the filter and of the ornaments etc i was developing a major algae problem. my love for my new tank was dwindling.
then i did alot of research and reading. took out the ornaments. replaced the plastic plants with live plants and bought some new fish. driftwood is soaking and will make an amazing centre piece and hiding place.
bought 3 clown loaches
6 tiger barbs
2 zebra snails
2 dwarf frogs
2 albino cotys
1 albino red fin shark
3 guppys
4 glass catfish
1 bristlenose
2 koi swordtails
2 bumble bee fish
an LED light is in the post. i will point this towards the driftwood.
my aquarium has come alive! and has become an obsession. still doing lots of reading and learning.
bought my first pack of frozen blood worms today and was given a light timer
so that i do not encourage algae by leaving the light on for too long.
i ve joined this site to learn and hopefully make some like minded friends :)

Sounds like quite a mix! Glad you're finding your sea legs and really starting to enjoy your tank :fish2:

Hello and welcome and just wondering when you said 110l juwel fish tank does that mean 110 gallon or 110 Litres ? or how big is the tank ?

Back
Top Bottom