Brand new Fish Momma!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MiaMaria

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:] I just got my Betta, Gillbert, a little over a week ago! I had a fish a loooong time ago, and since I was little I don't remember him much. Every day is a learning experience, and I hope to even try my hand at breeding soon!

30039-albums1032-picture7163.jpeg

30039-albums1032-picture7162.jpeg

I've already asked a question here, having to do with Gillbert's lack of aggression.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/non-aggressive-male-betta-132496.html#post1141490

very nice betta =] i had a betta live over a year in a bowl like that =] make sure to clean every 2-3 days and dont over feed >___> i used to feed my betta 4 pellets every other day

Thanks everybody!

eric faatz: Thanks! I chose him because he was such a bright blue.

maxima423: Thank you! And I actually don't like this bowl because the weird shape makes it really hard to get him in the net and fish him out. The vase is pretty, but I think he'll enjoy a tank more!

Take out the lucky bamboo or somehow suspend it above the water. It's stem and leaves need to be in the air. Other wise it will just die and foul the water.

Are you planning on putting Mr Betta in a tank anytime soon? IMO bowls are no good and he will not thrive in there. Although I must admit it is better than a cup... :(

Crepe: Okay! Thank you for the tip!.

logansmomma1228: Yeah I'm going to go get a tank tomorrow and start cycling it. I'm trying to see if there is any way to cycle it with him in it...? Do you know of a way? I feel bad because I've been told by three or four people already that it's bad to put him in a bowl! I just want to get him out of there at this point.

maxima423: Thank you! And I actually don't like this bowl because the weird shape makes it really hard to get him in the net and fish him out. The vase is pretty, but I think he'll enjoy a tank more!

heard of the product Tetra SafeStart? suppose to be very good and help with the cycle with fish already inside

Thank you so much everybody! I'll let you know how it works out! :]

Back
Top Bottom