Brand new to site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrakamai

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this site but not new to aquariums. I've had various tanks since I was a little kid. Last setup was a 24G Nano Cube marine tank with various corals, crabs and two fish. One was a yellowstripe maroon clown and the other was a perc. Yes, both were in one tank. :D

Currently that 24G is just filled with air, some sand, and some nano conch shells that I could not save, sadly. More on this tank in a little while.

My current project is a Marineland Crescent 5 acrylic tank that will become the future home of red cherry shrimp or just a bunch of glass shrimp and some fw clams. Nothing in the tank now as it is still (or just about done) cycling. All readings are very nice and didn't have an ammonia test kit until this past weekend and, as of this morning, that is reading is also 0.

After that tank becomes stable with some shrimp I will move on back to my trusty 24G cube. That will be a low tech lightly planted/fw shrimp tank. Hopefully I can stock it with shrimp from my 5G!

Anyway, I would love to learn more about fw shrimp since I have never had any before, more about tanks in general, and meet new friends who have common interests. Also, perhaps, someone local to sell me some baby RCS, HAHA!

See you around the forums!
Greg

Back
Top Bottom