Brand Spankin' New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

K9hawkeye

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,

I've apparently decided that I have entirely too much time on my hands, so I've decided to become a saltwater aquarist having no previous knowledge and no one around me to assist, until now...I'm grateful for this group! I recently moved to Hawaii and have started a 90 gallon saltwater tank. It's been running now for almost two months and the water readings are not optimal, but acceptable. I'm running an eShopps wet/dry filter with bio balls, have a 13 lb live rock inside as well as a large dead rock and large piece of driftwood. I have a Humuhumunukunukuapua'a (triggerfish, my profile pic), a Blue Box fish (I know, a bit risky), a Blue Damsel, and recently added a Naso Tang which were purchased after the tank cycled and not all at once. I've truly enjoyed all of the research and tweaking I've had to do to get it to this point and can't see me ever not having a saltwater tank again (I'm a nerd like that). I am researching proteing skimmers and would welcome any guidance for an in sump model with the most features and not terribly concerned with cost (tax refund). Looking forward to interacting with each of you!

Bryan

Back
Top Bottom