Bubbles!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gems1983

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there guys

This is my first post and I was wondring if you could help me. I have a 125 litre tropical tank. My pump went wrong which was a Fluval U3. My partner went to the store to get me a new one and came back with a Fluval U4. The guy in the shop said that even though it was a pump for a bigger tank (130 - 240 litres) that it was fine (they didnt have a U3).

The pump has been in there a while and i've never been able to get rid of all these little bubbles!. I don't think its hurting the fish. Its just really annoying. Is there any way I can get rid of these bubbles?? Is it because the pump is just to powerful for the tank?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Gemma :cool:

Welcome to AA. is it sucking in air and spitting out the bubbles? not sure what a u3 is we dont have that model here.

Welcome to AA!

I'm pretty sure the U-series from Fluval are in-tank underwater filters. I don't know much about them, but I've seem them around.

Describe the bubbles please.

Have you tried changing from Top Spray to Middle or Bottom?
Based on the YouTube video it appears that Top spray has lots fo bubbles.

welcometoaa.gif

It sucks in through the bottom and out through the top. U3 is the smaller version for smaller tanks. I will check out the video thanks. The only thing i can say about the bubbles are they are very very small and theres lots of them!

Thanks guys (y)

Back
Top Bottom